Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 97 Legacy Brighton

My fuel gauge is stuck on empty and my check engine light came on. I ran the code and got P0463 (Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High Input). I checked the fuses and they all seem to be good. If anyone has some suggestions on where to proceed from here it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

riversub

Where is Groveland? I'm in Oakley which is near Antioch (halfway between SF and Sac). That sounds like your fuel sender unit in the tank needs to be repaired or replaced. I can probably have a look at it for you if you want (I love to drive by the way). Send me a PM if you are interested?

sounds like a wire came off or corroded away. my car did the same thing. stuck on empty. replaced the sender, and the gauge and it still didnt work. so I ran new wire from the sender to the back seat and Tee'd into the wiring harnes..fixed er right up

when i first got my legacy,gas gauge didn't work either.found out it was that contact strip that the gas level arm moves along. had a dead spot on it an wouldn't read right.

simply did some switching around an tah-dah it works perfect now.:grin: