Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Update on my hopefull Rx wagon

Havn't been around for a while...been dedicating most of my time to my car and work, school etc...

since you last saw me i've...

gone through 2 transmissions....fyi, rear wheel drive is not a good idea:rolleyes:

swapped my entire rear subframe

new front struts, (jdm gf8 stuff (thanks corcky))

new tie rod end fr...(met a curb :drunk: )

new radiator

Rx side skirts and front air dam

Rx front Grill

lots of other little tid bits...

See for your self...

2222DSCF0009-2.JPG

2222DSCF0014-2.JPG

2222DSCF0013-med.JPG

hehe, i avoided shots of the rear, it has steel wheels on it right now, till i get tires mounted on my other two wrx wheels, and the back end is still way jacked up, working on a set of coil springs for the back to bring it down a few inches (its got a good fist tall wheel gap in the back :) ) i can take and post a pic still though, be good for a laugh :brow:

i look forward to it. getting excited for wcss, going to be a good one this year...i can feel it...

alright, it being after 3, and i have to get up in a couple hours for school, i'm going to crash, talk to you all in the morning...good to be back around the board for a while :)

I have to say that Dan has definately learned from my mistakes...

Dan's tires are stock RE92's at 205/55/R16 I believe. Whatever the stock tire size for the WRX is.

He's running front struts off of a JDM GF WRX wagon. He found these struts sitting on a car in someones frontyard. The springs appear to be stock, but could be aftermarket. He simply took out his old blown assemblies and put in the spring/strut assemblies off of the JDM wagon.

Well, rwd...i guess if you can manage to keep your foot out of it you'll be alright...i was using a 3.7 push botton 4wd single range trans. The gears in the back that the fork slides over to enage the rear wheels ended up shearing all the teath off each gear...made the car absolutley immoblie. I took pics when i tore down the tranny, around here somehwere...i can look for them.

and samo...keep an eye out at the nissan meets...i'll usually be there. i was at golden gardens...spotted your wagon, i think...

and samo...keep an eye out at the nissan meets...i'll usually be there. i was at golden gardens...spotted your wagon, i think...

Indeed you did spot it. I remember seeing yours. My friends gave me the "you're crazy" look for being excited about seeing another Subaru, but what do they know, right :) ?