Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Street parking is a jungle. This morning my car front bumper had been bashed in on the driver's side corner. There was a round hollow about 5 inches across and 2-3 inches deep. Noting apparently broken ( no cracks)

Is this repairable (can it pop out) or am I looking at a new or used bumper skin?

It may be able to be popped out but the paint may crack during the process?

Let me guess...no one left a note on your car claiming responsibility?

Try popping it out, and see what happens?

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

My bumper got dimpled--just about the same place and size as yours. I had only had the car for a year, I was devastated, she was still my new baby!

Next morning I walked out to inspect the damage again and it was gone. Popped itself out overnight! Paint hadn't broken but it had some abrasion, needed a bit of sanding and touchup.

Hope your story has a happy ending too.

Thanks, I'll try the pop it out route.

Just read this so response is a little late. Glad that it popped out by itself. But, for anyone that it helps, body shops and kayakers have been using the heat gun, or hair dryer method, often with success. If a dent in plastic, or polymer happens, use a hair dryer on the spot and see if it comes out. Like you said, there is usually abrasion, or sometimes cracked paint but its cheaper than a new bumper cover.

Just read this so response is a little late. Glad that it popped out by itself. But, for anyone that it helps, body shops and kayakers have been using the heat gun, or hair dryer method, often with success. If a dent in plastic, or polymer happens, use a hair dryer on the spot and see if it comes out. Like you said, there is usually abrasion, or sometimes cracked paint but its cheaper than a new bumper cover.

Thanks. I tried popping it out mechanicaly and it did'nt.

I'm waiting to hear from my insurance.