Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Electric Supercharger

I'm sad to say most cracks here on the board agree these things aren't worth a damn. I was once like you, idealistic and willing to spend as little as possible for what I thought was a big improvement...good thing I never got around to doing it :rolleyes:

ok two points....

first in the ad it says 500 cfm flow rate... At WOT this this gonna be a burden on the engine. Second this is probably just a cabin fan/ marine fan for moving fresh air into a cabin of a small boat. Its got plastic innards, so if you wanna blow your money, put a screen between it and your engine just incase the engine wants to suck them little plastic fan blades down into it. Last thing I'm gonna say is if you want one of these cheap, and you go to yards a lot, take a look at some of the early Datsun/Nissan 280 ZX... Not the 70's Z's but the early 80's ZX... They used an IDENTICAL fan in their motors, in fact I have one I'm gonna put on my 70's Z. What they used it for though is since on a Z the exaust and intake are on the same side of the motor(straight 6) they have a slight vapor lock problem in the fuel rail. The cheap/easy/Ghetto solution that Nissian did was to mount one of these fans on the other side of the motor and have it blow air at the fuel rail. Fun right?