Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone have the values of these......

trying to diagnose a problem on my 00 impreza 2.5rs....

i have ruled out the front o2 sensor....i just want to test the injectors to make sure they are working properly...

the problem is a rough idle and hesistation up to 4k rpms. by the color of the o2 sensor i would say its running lean. the cel code is a po170 fuel trim malfunction. it is my understanding that i could have a bad map sensor too.

Are you sure you dont have a vac leak? The hoses under the air boxes like to come off. I wouldnt put money on the injectors being bad, they are really reliable/solid on Subaru's.

Try to:

check the hard tee hose off the top of the breather plate on the back of the engine bell housing passenger side. This cracks from the heat and causes weird symptoms.

Clean the ground wire on the top of the intake manifold. It has a 12MM bolt head. Clean with wire brush, apply dilitheium grease and put it back on.

That code means your running too lean or rich according to the book.

Are you running a car that has an altitude compensator, that came from a mtn state? Do you have any more codes coming up?