Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This question might sound a little stupid, especially considering I consider myself relativly handy. lol

I need to change the front driver side parking light on my 99 Imp Sport. I took a quick look and couldn't find any easy way to get to the bulb. Anybody know how to get to it?

Thanks!

There may not be an easy way :confused:

I have several other cars and it's major surgery to do something stupid like that.

Back lights seem to be so easy...

I don't have Imp. Sport so I don't really know for sure.

Good luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

bishop087:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the procedure for my OB was in the owner's manual... have you checked there? On mine, it requires the removal of the center grille, then three screws for the headlight housing, then pull the housing straight out. But that's on a Legacy OB, not the Impreza.

You might look at Scoobymods or Ravensblade to see if they have any info on the Imprezas.

Steve

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/modifications/lighting/morette/morette.html

EDIT: Took my own advice... does this help? It shows exchanging the stock headlights in an RS for Morettes (projector beams).

This question might sound a little stupid, especially considering I consider myself relativly handy. lol

I need to change the front driver side parking light on my 99 Imp Sport. I took a quick look and couldn't find any easy way to get to the bulb. Anybody know how to get to it?

Thanks!

I own a 98 Imprezza OBS .....its as easy as you can get.

Open hood........remove one screw that sits in the corner above the light...

gently push the lens toward the front of the car.....remove light assembley

by turning ........install new bulb........and reverse the above.

that's the same as on my 94 legacy.one thing i found out that you have to be carefull about is.when pushing forward,be carefull of the tab that you took the screw out of.

several times while pushing assembly forward,it released an hit that tab on part of the car an snap,broke it off.:(