Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Side Window Vent/Visor/Wind deflectors?

Guest jclay

Hi all,

On autotruckgear.com i found a set of side window visors, which they say they have available for subaru's. (@ $60.00) I've always wanted a pair, but is it even possible as the windows are frameless?

As we say here at work, Please advise!

Hi all,

On autotruckgear.com i found a set of side window visors, which they say they have available for subaru's. (@ $60.00) I've always wanted a pair, but is it even possible as the windows are frameless?

As we say here at work, Please advise!

As posted on the listing

Easy to install with strong 3M brand OEM approved tape

Tell us how the fit, etc. I'll order some after you do the beta test.

Guest jclay

To answer some of your questions, my sube is a ' 97 legacy L wgn, very stock. And yeah way off on the job speculation, basically I'm what we call a List Broker, I broker Lists of names to others for use in Direct mail marketing campaigns...Don't hate me, but I'm partially responsible for your junk mail, but hey, it's a living. But i spend alot of time emailing back and forth with clients and other List Brokers, saying "Please Advise" or " Stand By"

Seriously though, i don't know what i'd tape or mount a wind deflector to, there isn't a frame around the window, and I can't imagine it going anywhere else? Please advise!

Seriously though, i don't know what i'd tape or mount a wind deflector to, there isn't a frame around the window, and I can't imagine it going anywhere else? Please advise!

i believe it'll mount along the curve of the roof line,just above were the window meets the rubber seal

There's a '97 or '98 Outback in our office parking lot right now with one-piece wind deflectors on it. They are 'glued' to the roof line just above the door opening.

They look good and the owner says they really cut down on wind noise and ' window cracked open' drafts. They came on her car, and she doesn't know where they came from.

These seem to be readily available in the aftermarket for 00+ cars. I don't think I have ever seen a set on one of these models (BE/BH) but I have seen them on BD/BG cars.

I would like to get a set for mine, but it seems that these (BD/BG models) were a dealer-only item and pretty much impossible to find anymore. If I am wrong on the latter that would be great!

This was discussed a while back, take a look here.

-Heikki