Ultimate Subaru Message Board

do we have inductor type speed sensors?

I have a 98 Forester. I recently had a ea82 5-speed dual-range tranny swap done to it. Was able to utilize my electrical Speed sensor on the ea82 tranny. But now my speedometer/odometer is reading 14% less than actual speed/mileage. Did some searching on the net for Speedometer Calibration. Found a product called the Yellow Box. it's at www.yellr.com I think. You connect the Yellow box into your speedo sensor wiring and you can calibrate your speedometer anywhere between +/- 0.25% to +/- 28% in .25% increments. They make 2 versions. One for 3 wire speed sensors and one for 2 wire inductor speed sensors. From looking at my speed sensor I can see there is 2 wires. Yellow box says one wire must be for the signal and the other is a ground wire. Both my wires connect into the wiring harness that leads inside the car. I can't tell if one wire is a ground wire. Does anybody know if my speed sensor is a 2 wire inductor type and if so which wire is the ground? I would like to know if this product will work on my speed sensor before buying it.