Ultimate Subaru Message Board

factory oil cooler pics please?

Hi again.. I'm going to put an EA81T oil cooler on Skeet's car soon and I'd like some pictures or descriptions of how the EA81T oil cooler mounts on those cars please? I can come up with some brackets of some kind as I don't anticipate it will fit Skeet's EA82 car like it was made to.

I was planning on installing the OC right in front of the AC condenser at the bottom but it doesn't look "comfortable" .. vertically is sort of out because the bumper is in the way and would block most of the OC anyway.. so maybe I'll tuck it behind the grille, but I'll take other ideas too..

this is a sandwich style OC that runs lines to a sepatate radiator about 3"x9". thanks!

I dont mean to hi-jack your thread here but my questions are revelant to your topic so I didnt feel it was necessary to make an ew thread :)

What size / type of hose should be used when plumbing in Oil Coolers? Also what kind of clamps can hold the pressure properly?

Thx :D

Ran from the end of the oil pump to the drivers side of the radiator and between it and the front bumper they bolted the oil cooler. ITs hooked to the headlight cage basically on the drivers side.

I dont have one that is mounted in the car right now but I do have one hanging on the garage wall that I could take a picture of (factory oil cooler).

Shawn

hey Morgan, welcome in. i think that high pressure oil hose is available for this, and i've been advised to double clamp each end.

hi Shawn.. thanks anyway but I have two :P

Is the EA81 filter on the driver's side of the engine? I can't remember since I've not owned one yet. Also, is the turbo on the passenger's side of an EA81T?

thanks

OH MAN

dont use the little clamps, i had one come loose the other day. good thing i watch my guages like a paranoid meth addict:D .

i am using the huge ones that are for hydrolic lines. 3/8s is good for this. my kit came with someting slightly bigger.

how bout putting it where the spare goes? and cutting a hole in the hood with a fan, or in an inner fender well(sounds scary, but mitsubishis put their intercoolers there).

I've got an oil cooler on my ER27, useing the EA81T piece. It jes bolts onto the pump with a large bolt, pretty simple, and works on EA series engines. I've got tranny cooler hose for mine, and have had no problems with it. As long as the cooler is in good airflow, and doesn't block anything else, it should really be fine.