Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lets see your ff-1's 360s and stage 1s up to 75

I'll see if I can load pics tomorrow...

I have a 360 sedan undergoing restoration, 2 parts sedans, a van shell, a '75 wagon and I just bought the '73 split-tailgate wagon that was on ebay.

Glad you got home ok,thanks again for the help.If you can make it down to take some of those fenders and a wagon rear hatch,that'd be a work of wonder.I'll call you when I wake up.;) Tell dad about the marble top.

well, i dont have it anymore.. but before i was old enough to drive (by about one year!!) my dad sold this before i was able to own a car!!! :banghead:

1969/1970? sambar delux van

austinsubaru.jpg

it ran, all electronics worked.. it even drove.. barely.. needed tranny work (2nd and 3rd were frozen, could not use those gears) clutch was about gone.. and there were no break lines.. but the body and interior was niiiiice

I just bought the '73 split-tailgate wagon that was on ebay.

Glad to see a fellow board member bought it - I was going to post asking about it if noone claimed it - I like to see the older soobs being saved - I hope to (someday) own a gen 1 4WD or a 360 - any bodystyle (preferably the Custom (wagon)) - these cars are very overlooked in classic car history, especially consitering what they grew into - will be a while though before I have time, space, or money to do keep one tho - I just try to keep an eye out anyway, in case I can save one from the crusher

BTW - VERY neat forum!!

• 3 weeks later...

I will have to try again later.I hope I sent the photos?

lets see the pix of the board members early subarus

like ff-1(i wish there were some on the board)

and 360s there has got to be a few.

and lets and stage 1s two.

like 75 and before

JUST A FUNNY STORY:

Back in 1969, my father came home with a brand-new 360. Being a newbie here, it was white and resembles a mini-vw bug...red vinyl interior and fenders you could pop in with your hand, and then reach up inside and pop back out.

This car sold at the dealer's for $1,350. Dealer couldn't sell them, so he sold one to dad brand new for $850. That's not a typo.

Two weeks later, my folks had a big fight (they did make up later and are still together) and my mom decided to take the car from Seattle to Long Beach to stay with family for a couple of weeks.

She dragged me along, and so we drove this tiny car all the way to LA and beyond, and back. It never missed a beat.

After they reconciled and we drove the subie back to Seattle, my brother and I liked that little car so much, we would 'borrow' it at night regularly after everyone was asleep!

One time we came home at 3am and dad was waiting for us in the front room......:banghead:

Sorry I am having trouble loading photos can anyone give me step by step to get them on.

like 75 and before

Well I finally got it worked out.The red 1600 was my fathers and the FF1 belongs to a girl who has heaps of parts for older subs and she has a four door as well. It is parked nexted to the one in the photo.

like 75 and before

post-5008-136027601515_thumb.jpg

post-5008-136027601518_thumb.jpg

This is my daughters car. 1975 DL1400 . Haven't started to do it up yet. .

like 75 and before

post-5008-136027601521_thumb.jpg

post-5008-136027601525_thumb.jpg

post-5008-136027601527_thumb.jpg

post-5008-136027601529_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few pics of my '72 R2. Might be the only one this side of the Pacific.

R2

This is my 360. (Scroll down to the last one on the page.)

Love to find an FF-1 to go with them. Also have 2 Rabbit Touring 150 scooters.

I would love to get an r2 ss, please tell how you came by it here in the states. importers, ect. i think the r2 is the best subaru (style wise) ever, a close secound is the 22b. everything is after those imho.....

thanks you for shareing the pix. next time im in LA i would love to come by and see your subys,,,,again thank you for posting the pix.

Hi. If you're interested in importing an R2, I'd contact Tomohiko at this site:

Japanese Classic Car Maniac

He can help find a car and a shipper. He asks for a finder's fee, but he really helped me a lot and was totally worth it. I agree, the R2 was (and is, I wish they'd bring over the new version) a great car. I fell in love with them the first time I saw a picture of one. Mine was relatively cheap as micros from the 70's don't seem to be as collected over there as the cars from the 60's. 360's in Japan seem to bring twice what they would sell for here.

You're welcome to come over for a ride if and when you're in L.A. Just send an email.

-Jon

fuldamobil@yahoo.com

Those are all great Subies.Paul's already posted photos of my '73 so I won't repeat them here. I also have a '75 wagon in the same color as subGSR's and a couple of 360s.

subGSR, would you happen to have any hubcaps in the same pattern as your daughter's sedan? I only need one...

Can you throw in a ball joint, CV axle, brake rotors, tie rod ends, LF fender, rear bumper, AC kit, and belts for that sweet '84 wagon you sold me too?

:brow:

Or how about one dinner for you & your wife someplace nice will cover it..

:lol:

....shoulda dumped it on eBay.......:lol:

• 2 weeks later...