Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What should I offer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cd45

cd45

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Shawnee

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

I looked at the DL Hatchback yesterday. It isn't in bad shape overall. The dash is cracked pretty bad, and the seats are a little rough but, no big tears, a set of seat covers would fix them. It has the EA71 engine with a 5 speed manual. I looked in the engine bay and it looks OK. A little dirty, with some spider webs but, I didn't see any major oil leaks. The passenger side drive shaft boot is torn.
The car has been parked for a little over two years. The drivers side door has some rust issues, the whole bottom outer edge is gone. My question is who has doors for a 1980 or 1981 DL? What should I offer for this car? I really need some help. Is it worth buying?

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:05 AM

are you sure its limited to the drivers door?

do a compresson check first

look at the oil and air filter if they are nasty thats prabably how the car was typically treated

#3 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:33 AM

if you want a soob, i would offer around $250, or look for somthing a little better.is it a wagon?it must be an ea81.and a five sp??

good luck with your decision.
jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users