Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BRAT vs. Toyo p/u

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

whadda yall think?the brat vs. this $600 toyo p/u i just pickud up.i think the brat needs a lift :brow: :drunk:
jon
(pics below)

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

brat needs wider wheels first from that pic lol. remember the rule, every inch lifted add an inch to the track width for stability

thats too nice for $600 whats wrong with it? if its in top shape that truck would be 3 grand minium around here. the toyotas really hold thier value.

#3 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

the toyota is in beatiful shape (needed a windshield, got that put in $150)only 97k.bought it right down the street too.

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Asheboro NC

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

$600 for that truck? Man, thats a steal!! Is it in good running order? The body looks good. What does it got under the hood? 22re?

#5 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:35 PM

its got a 22re w/5sp.no rust, and runs great.bought it from the original owner who just bought an 05 of the same truck.

#6 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

thats like a once in a lifetime deal. damn 600 for that!
Posted Image you lucky guy

#7 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

i`ll let you know in about 8 or 9 years when he`s selling the 05 for $600:grin: (the one i got is a 95)

#8 Nug

Nug

Lurker/off-topic poster

• Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • West Point

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:33 PM

Change the timing chain now before you have problems with it. I bet you can't blow it up afterward.

<---owns a subaru and a Toyota truck

#9 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

That truck is one of the few realistic ie not pinzgauer, non subies i'd like to own, nice score, Lucky.

#10 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

$600!
You lucky bastard. I'm green with envy. Them things are like gold round here, even the old late 80's ones are selling for twice that. Those are nice trucks. A couple of my friends have ones just like that and they kick but. high clearance on a stock truck is a good thing.

#11 mudduck

mudduck

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Asheboro NC

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:20 PM

I love toy trucks. have had a couple, they wheel great, just bolt on some 31's and your ready to go. 22r is bulit proof, as are the 4 cyl t-cases. Why can't I find a deal like that on one around here? Another toy would look good next to my Subie. :brow:

#12 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

$600 Tacoma? Buyer beware...

#13 froggymike

froggymike

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Fresno, CA

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:33 AM

whadda yall think?the brat vs. this $600 toyo p/u i just pickud up.i think the brat needs a lift :brow: :drunk:
jon
(pics below)

A) That is one of the cutest BRAT's I've seen, and

B) I can't believe you fot that T PU for $600. Mine is a '94, has a dent or two, has 250k plus miles on it and people pull up beside me and offer $2000 to buy it on the spot.

PS. I swapped my '87 GL Wag for the truck, even exchange, 5 years ago. The truck had two burned valves and a broken valve spring.

#14 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:01 PM

toyota pickups/4runners kick rump roast. i love my subaru, but i have a 4runner too. toyotas are way harder to work on tho =/

#15 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

my gf's mom has a 4runner with whatever the hell a toyota 6cyl is called, and a 5spd... I drove it today 'cause I had some stuff to move after the house fire... MAN does that thing pull hard... in every gear... all the way up to the redline. could probably do massive burnouts if someone tried!!!

plus the clearance on those older toyotas is through the roof. I'd rage one

#16 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

$600 is one hell of a deal.

Around here we pay about that for them at work.... TOTALLED!!

#17 Dennis ex24

Dennis ex24

Subaru Disaster

• Members
  • 2,683 posts
  • Phila, Pa

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

i have a 93 with 200k on it, also added 31x10.50x15s and a K&N.

they are awesome trucks. mine has some top end noises, which im told are in the 22RE's nature. the body on mine is great but its got a few quirks elsewhere.

incredible in the snow and dirt.

you probably have a bit of time on the chain. youll know when its time to change it, they get loud. keep an ear out for it, the guides break and then it starts beating against the inside of the timing cover.

this is usually around 100k...

#18 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

i`ve done 2 timing covers on an 87 and a 90.people always think its the head gasket, but its the chain wearing against the side.these are the best quality trucks i`ve ever owned.nice and tight.thanks for the replies, jon

#19 Buddy

Buddy

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you"

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Stockton

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

you you lucky lucky bum! sorry. anyway, my dad recovered an 82' toyota pickup. he thought it didn't work when he found the keys. he crancked it and shazam! its alive!:banana: got the papers strightened out and now he uses it for work every where. is yours a 4WD? cuz' my dad's is and man it really kicks and the engine is just plain quiet. it also has 193,000 on the ticker. now $600 for a truck like that? seriously thats a steal because i asked how much my dad's truck would sell and it sells between $1500 and $2500. oh yeah and is got a moonroof on it.

#20 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:40 AM

mines 4wd.i like the look of the 82 shortbed 4wd.toyota makes a good product:headbang:

#21 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:55 AM

you stoled you a truck! buy your neighbor some beer. a 6pk a day for a year ought to even out the deal a little ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users