Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT vs. Toyo p/u

brat needs wider wheels first from that pic lol. remember the rule, every inch lifted add an inch to the track width for stability

thats too nice for $600 whats wrong with it? if its in top shape that truck would be 3 grand minium around here. the toyotas really hold thier value.

$600!

You lucky bastard. I'm green with envy. Them things are like gold round here, even the old late 80's ones are selling for twice that. Those are nice trucks. A couple of my friends have ones just like that and they kick but. high clearance on a stock truck is a good thing.

I love toy trucks. have had a couple, they wheel great, just bolt on some 31's and your ready to go. 22r is bulit proof, as are the 4 cyl t-cases. Why can't I find a deal like that on one around here? Another toy would look good next to my Subie. :brow:

whadda yall think?the brat vs. this $600 toyo p/u i just pickud up.i think the brat needs a lift :brow::drunk:

jon

(pics below)

A) That is one of the cutest BRAT's I've seen, and

B) I can't believe you fot that T PU for $600. Mine is a '94, has a dent or two, has 250k plus miles on it and people pull up beside me and offer $2000 to buy it on the spot.

PS. I swapped my '87 GL Wag for the truck, even exchange, 5 years ago. The truck had two burned valves and a broken valve spring.

my gf's mom has a 4runner with whatever the hell a toyota 6cyl is called, and a 5spd... I drove it today 'cause I had some stuff to move after the house fire... MAN does that thing pull hard... in every gear... all the way up to the redline. could probably do massive burnouts if someone tried!!!

plus the clearance on those older toyotas is through the roof. I'd rage one

i have a 93 with 200k on it, also added 31x10.50x15s and a K&N.

they are awesome trucks. mine has some top end noises, which im told are in the 22RE's nature. the body on mine is great but its got a few quirks elsewhere.

incredible in the snow and dirt.

you probably have a bit of time on the chain. youll know when its time to change it, they get loud. keep an ear out for it, the guides break and then it starts beating against the inside of the timing cover.

this is usually around 100k...

i`ve done 2 timing covers on an 87 and a 90.people always think its the head gasket, but its the chain wearing against the side.these are the best quality trucks i`ve ever owned.nice and tight.thanks for the replies, jon

you you lucky lucky bum! sorry. anyway, my dad recovered an 82' toyota pickup. he thought it didn't work when he found the keys. he crancked it and shazam! its alive!:banana: got the papers strightened out and now he uses it for work every where. is yours a 4WD? cuz' my dad's is and man it really kicks and the engine is just plain quiet. it also has 193,000 on the ticker. now $600 for a truck like that? seriously thats a steal because i asked how much my dad's truck would sell and it sells between $1500 and $2500. oh yeah and is got a moonroof on it.