Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone got any recommendations for a good bike rack for the rear of my outback sport? i have an allen one (i'm pretty sure that's what it is). it's cheap, does the job, but doesn't really hold the bike in place too well. it was a gift.

i'd consider a roof rack, but money is an issue and it'd be more expensive to get 2 trays (saw the rockymounts suggestion in the other thread) than to get one 2+ bike trunk rack.

i'm also going to need a ski rack for the roof, but that's not as important since there's no snow...

if it matters, i have the factory crossbars on the roof rack.

Do you have a receiver hitch? I just put a hitch on my '02 WRX wagon and am using a Hollywood Rack. I chose this because it holds the bike like a fork mount roof rack, but the bikes are behind the car (out of the wind - doesn't kill your gas mileage like a roof rack). The rack comes with two mounts and depending on size of bikes, you may be able to squeeze three on the rack (you'd have to buy the third fork mount and tray). Just a thought.

Do you have a receiver hitch? I just put a hitch on my '02 WRX wagon and am using a Hollywood Rack. I chose this because it holds the bike like a fork mount roof rack, but the bikes are behind the car (out of the wind - doesn't kill your gas mileage like a roof rack). The rack comes with two mounts and depending on size of bikes, you may be able to squeeze three on the rack (you'd have to buy the third fork mount and tray). Just a thought.

i wish i had one...