Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t in a brumby

pat hutt

hey everybody im just about to do the engine transplant im my brumby that ive got lined up i was wanting some more assistance from any body that has converted a 1985 brumby 4 spped ea81 to a 5 speed ea82t ive got every thing to do it wiring loom will i need to use the final drive unti out of my car. im just about to go out and fork out 495$ for a full gasket kit and for pistons and rings? any help would be great do u need to do and body fabrication and also i want to put td04 turbo on and a decent intercooler on the front im goin to get it lowered a couple of inches and get the standard white wheels widened so they can accomidate 205s r14 60s.cheers patt..

first of all your standard rims are 13 inch not 14 so you'll need to get new wheels fabricated to take 205r14 60 tyres.

second i paid $144 for a full head set of gaskets about 3 months ago, the full gasket set was $260 (i didn't get it as i didn't need it)

frnt and rear crank seals $13 rear $5 front

std turbo pistons where quoted @ $180 with chrome rings

i got moly rings for $125 if i remember right

Bowden Engine Parts is where i get all my bits from

email conrodchris@quicksilver.net.nz

this guy can get the goods at bloody amazing prices

That is definitely a very high price for a gasket set. I'm getting most gaskets for a complete rebuild of my ea81t from archibalds subaru...

Head gaskets...$30ea

intake gaskets...about $5 ea

Sump gasket....about $12

exhaust gaskets... about $5 ea

And those are the expensive ones, the rest are mostly under $5.

As for 14 inch wheels... they do exist, you just have to find some. I know someone who may want to sell some for the right price if your interseted..