Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Preservation Fund?

Just out of curiosity. What are peoples thoughts on starting a non-profit organization for the preservation of old subarus. If we can get non-profit status, donations that are made can be tax deductable. We could maybe even get SOA to pitch in and maybe local subaru dealers.

I think that a trusted member of the board could head it and ownership of vehicles would belong to the non-profit org. Would probably need someone with land for storage and such.

We could even have a parts depository where members can send their spare parts.

Heck w/aggressive solicitation of funds/donations it could even become a full time job.

Any takers? I would be willing to make a donation to such an organization.

BW

Sorry,something about this just ain't right to me.I'll have to think this over but right now I'd say it's much too much of a hassle with becoming a non-profit to bother with.I hate to shoot down an idea,so let me re-read and think about it some more.I'm going off of instinct right now.

It'd work if we all lived near each other.I've thought about starting a Vintage Japanese Club here in CT since the Hispanic population holds a whole mess of wicked cool Toyotas,Datsuns,and a few Mazdas,etc. But I'd be one of a handfull of non Spanish speaking whiteboys in a sea of latinos.Don't go taking that the wrong way now,you hear?I grew up in Bridgeport,CT,not Bumluck Idaho.

SOA back us up? I'm not so sure about that.

Just out of curiosity. What are peoples thoughts on starting a non-profit organization for the preservation of old subarus. If we can get non-profit status' date=' donations that are made can be tax deductable. We could maybe even get SOA to pitch in and maybe local subaru dealers.

I think that a trusted member of the board could head it and ownership of vehicles would belong to the non-profit org. Would probably need someone with land for storage and such.

We could even have a parts depository where members can send their spare parts.

Heck w/aggressive solicitation of funds/donations it could even become a full time job.

Any takers? I would be willing to make a donation to such an organization.

BW[/quote']

I thought You WERE talking about Moosens! :lol: