Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

05 outback lift

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 brookie1024

brookie1024

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Hello all,

I'm considering pretty seriously getting a new outback. But for my purposes the clearance -- especially considering the car's length(?) -- seems a little low. Some mud, some creek fording, but mainly seriously rocky roads -- these are often barriers to locating wild trout. What might be an ideal clearance height? Who does this kind of work (not mePosted Image) and how much does it cost? Does it compromise anything? I did check out FAQs . . .

I know these are pretty elementary questions, but any responses would be very hery helpful.

Thanks.

#2 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:01 PM

I'm your Man....

Check out My site at
www.oregonoffroadsubaruclub.org

Check out the Bumpers Section....:) I can Fit the Baja Bumper on your Ride..... :slobber:

Also do Lifts......

E-mail me through the site....

Talk soon, John

#3 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • Moab

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

I'm your Man....

Check out My site at
www.oregonoffroadsubaruclub.org

Check out the Bumpers Section....:) I can Fit the Baja Bumper on your Ride..... :slobber:

Also do Lifts......

E-mail me through the site....

Talk soon, John

This is a fact... John would love to get into the 05 version I'm sure!

That'd rock

go for it...:brow:

#4 jamba

jamba

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sac-town

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

Hey John (mudrat79),

Why don't you resolve the issue with my mudrat bumper not fitting before you start marketing to others??? I've been sitting on this $1000 bumper for 3 months and you have done nothing to help me, except to suggest that I grind down part of my Baja that the bumper is rubbing on :confused: . Doesn't say much about your customer service... better hope your lift kit doesn't meet with the same production issues!!!!!

Sorry I have to call you on it like this, but nothing else has worked, and I have been more than patient over the last 3 months trying to get this resolved :banghead:
maybe this will motivate you to pay attention to your customers!!!!

if not I will continue to caution others about your quality of products and how you treat people who buy your product on every forum there is!!!!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO STOP POSTING THIS INFORMATION. YOU CAN PM ME OR GET MY NUMBER FROM RALLITEK.

#5 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

I would be happy to help also. We are taking in a 2002 outback and constructing a lift for it this weekend, we will not know the actual outcome until monday or next week (depending on what parts are available etc.).
You can check our website out at www.alliedarmament.com . Jon is very good also (mudrat design and fabrication). So you can pick and choose I am located in Scappoose and he is located in Eugene (both in Oregon).

Hello all,

I'm considering pretty seriously getting a new outback. But for my purposes the clearance -- especially considering the car's length(?) -- seems a little low. Some mud, some creek fording, but mainly seriously rocky roads -- these are often barriers to locating wild trout. What might be an ideal clearance height? Who does this kind of work (not mePosted Image) and how much does it cost? Does it compromise anything? I did check out FAQs . . .

I know these are pretty elementary questions, but any responses would be very hery helpful.

Thanks.

#6 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • Moab

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

Hey John (mudrat79),

Why don't you resolve the issue with my mudrat bumper not fitting before you start marketing to others??? I've been sitting on this $1000 bumper for 3 months and you have done nothing to help me, except to suggest that I grind down part of my Baja that the bumper is rubbing on :confused: . Doesn't say much about your customer service... better hope your lift kit doesn't meet with the same production issues!!!!!

Sorry I have to call you on it like this, but nothing else has worked, and I have been more than patient over the last 3 months trying to get this resolved :banghead:
maybe this will motivate you to pay attention to your customers!!!!

if not I will continue to caution others about your quality of products and how you treat people who buy your product on every forum there is!!!!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO STOP POSTING THIS INFORMATION. YOU CAN PM ME OR GET MY NUMBER FROM RALLITEK.

I second this John, as per this morning's email...

Your knowledge and fabricat-ability are phonominal, but the follow up is lagging...

#7 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

I think Mudrats the man for the job!

Something to consider is you may also need gears to get where your clearance will allow you to go.

John (Mudrat) has my vote!
Glenn,
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#8 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

Jamba.....I pm'd you as well....

My hands are tied on your bumper.....You bought it through Rallitek.....RALLITEK is who you need to be contacting inorder to get it Right.....??? I called you person to person as soon as I heard about it having an Issue from Sean at Rallitek..As a favor to you and Sean......I even went as far as trying to bring the other Bumper he had sitting down there to Southern California on my Own time to figure the issue out.....But Sean Told me you had a Friend Coming this Direction and that he was going to play Middle Man...??

I hadn't heard anymore on this subject untill a Moderator brought this Post to my attention....

I have been Very Busy in the Real World lately, and Not had any time to surf the net or baby sit any internet Boards.....including this one.....

I am going to Call Sean this Morning and Try to resolve this one way or the other for you TODAY......

Be sure you have all your info right before you go bashing someone publicly.....I stand Behind My product 100% I have Many Cars out there with my Lifts and Bumpers on them.....

Talk to you soon One way or the other......

John

#9 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

Hello all,

Thanks.

man, 05 outbacks sure seem to have PLEANTY of clearance and far as i can see.

#10 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:22 PM

man, 05 outbacks sure seem to have PLEANTY of clearance and far as i can see.

I agree, how high are you thinking on going with a lift? :confused:

#11 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

Hell they come with a lift from the factory. I know that the new ones, because they couldn't meet emissions with their new line of motors were lifted a few inches to give them truck status so that they wouldn't have to be in the same emissions category. I would think that you may be able to get a 2 to 3 inch lift in it but who knows until we tear one apart. :brow:

I agree, how high are you thinking on going with a lift? :confused:

#12 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

I'm with Mudrat.....very satisfied with customer service!!!

#13 Shadyirishmen

Shadyirishmen

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 655 posts
  • Scappoose OR,

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

How come the orginal poster of this thread has not replied???? Guess they realized their warranty would be voided.

#14 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

How come the orginal poster of this thread has not replied???? Guess they realized their warranty would be voided.

It could have something to do with the fact that they've not been back to the forum since starting the thread. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users