Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dallas, Ft. Worth Mechanic/Dealership??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,739 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

Hi:

I have a female friend that needs a local mechanic to do normal maintence on her 97 Legacy AWD.

What happened to Arlington Subaru??????? Who bought their dealership???

My friend went to a guy there by the name of "lim". A good Subi mechanic and now he is gone. Where did he go??

So, who knows a good, fair, independent Subaru mechanic in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area?

Thanks, Todd

#2 Gnuman

Gnuman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,399 posts
  • Richmond, CA

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

My guess is there is a good independant Subie mechanic and his name is Lim. Finding him however. . . . :grin:

#3 felipe01forester

felipe01forester

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Boston,

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

Subaru of Dallas on Lemmon Avenue. Good place, nice people, reliable work. That's where I bought my Forester and where I get it serviced. The phone number is (214) 526-5555. Ask for Neil Bywater in the service department and he'll take care of ya.

#4 gbrand

gbrand

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • fort worth area

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

Arlington Subaru bought by Teape Subaru, is under construction at Hwy 10 and Loop 820 in Hurst-will be open later this year.

I do almost all my own work, so I can't recomend a mechanic for normal maintainance, but Subaru of Dallas has helped with parts in the past-having things in stock and at half the price of others.

#5 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,739 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

SUPER... a dealership close to me for a change!!

#6 gbrand

gbrand

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • fort worth area

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

SUPER... a dealership close to me for a change!!

My thoughts exactly(I live in Watauga). Always a pain to stop and run to Irving, Dallas or Lewisville to get some Dealer only part to finish a project. Hope Teape works out to be be a good dealer.

Did your friend find someone to take care of her Legacy? I took my Sunfire to kaufman tire in Hurst today to have the A/C system vacuumed and charged after I replaced the compressor, drier, etc. Have been using them for my tires for a few years, seem to be honest/reasonable and helpful(free flat fixes, etc.) and they do quite a bit of other work too.

#7 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,739 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for all the feedback !!!

#8 Ryan@Teape Subaru

Ryan@Teape Subaru

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Arlington

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hello everyone. Teape Subaru opened today(I'm a salesman there) Anyway, Lim is working here now. He came over from Arlington AM. He is AWESOME. He has like 23+ years of experience and is probably one of the best subaru mechanics in the country. According to our service manager sometimes subaru america will call Lim when they need help with wierd service issues. Anyway... he is probably the best person to go to since subaru of dallas lost all their master technicians and is relying on techs. good luck!.....................Ryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users