Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A challenge has been issued...Dyno results

I dont have a lagacy VF11 turbo. I have the STOCK VF7...and was running 15 PSI. If you keep boost At or UNDER 11 PSI...you will be fine for infinity. I have run the entire Dragon and Cherohala skyway 100% at 11 PSI. Thats QUITE a beating on the car. the dragon is 11 miles, 318 turns, tight twisty road course style perfection. The Skyway is about...of...25 miles if ultra high speed road course style stuff. pretty much 85% of the Skyway is WOT....where as the Dragon is about 60%. I had no problems keeping up with a stock STi on the Dragon...skyway was...well, more of a problem but he never got more than 1/4 mile out front.

You will be safe with a VF11 at 10 PSI im sure of....especially if you've got a good intercooler setup. With no IC? Dont run more than the stock level...wish is 6.5~8 psi.

We shall test that VF11 safe at 10PSI in less than 4 weeks :lol:

"Re: A challenge has been issued...Dyno results"

Nice numbers Will! I am taking on your challenge. I have 3 things left to do.

1: Get an upgraded fuel pump,

2: Get upgraded clutch (Like you pointed out to me in a post/thread),

3: Remove the wet nitrous kit from the XT6 to the RX Turbo....

Here's my plan of attack. Boost will remain stock when running nitrous. When nitrous isn't run, boost will be bumped up but I'll use the fuel flow from the nitrous kit for extra fuel (with no nitrous being injected). If it's too lean, I change the fuel jetting. Too rich, change the fuel jetting and adjust fuel pressure. Welp, there you have it. I've just been moving too slow to get this done lately. The challenge is on. Need some excitement around here. :drunk:

I've been goofing off playing with the XT6 anyways.

BTW: Here was the last test nitrous runs I was doing with the XT6 at a 50hp shot. I want to go up to 75+ but the wiggly lines concern me. Retarding the ignition made things worse (more wiggly)....sooo. Perhaps I should go with a higher jetting to go for the challenge. Hey, you didn't say I have to stay N/A or go boosted right? :brow:

mini-nx3rdgearhp.jpg

mini-nxfull-runhp.jpg

my VF-11 will pull like a bear!

I had it with stock wastegate, and it would pull 6 PSI, and would hang right with our other race car running the stock turbo and 11-12 PSI

I upped the boost a little to 8-9 PSI and the thing flew. it would roast the same other car down the straight.

I was running a Supra Turbo Intercooler, big hood scoop, Cone Filter, straight exhaust, custom equal length fuel rails, and custom made header.

and yes...my hood scoop is big...

icerace2005resized.jpg

I have been toying with the idea of getting my block "o-ringed". Basically they take the block and counter bore a ring around the cylinder about .030" deep then insert a metal o-ring on it before mounting the head. I know the diesel engines have been doing it to run Huge boost levels(over 100 psi) and they say it will never blow a H/G unless the heads push off the block. I think that could be fixed with some ARP heads studs though.

Question! How much extra boost can you theoretically get away with using c16 gas if your max boost is reached at ....say 15psi with 93 octane before detonation?

with just race fuel......ZERO extra boost. The problem isn't really detonation. it's heat. By running so lean you are literally melting the pistons.

race fuel doesn't gain you air/fuel ratio. Just has more resistance to detonation.

and yeah it's painted to attract attention, it's a dedicated race car