Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of my lifted wagon.. 56k beware, lol

well the ones on it now are a 195/65/14 need to go up to a 75 series to fill it in better i think. i don't wanna go to big cause it'll loose too much power.. as she sits now she'll run 100mph down the road at close to 5k rpms for about 20 miles and not even move the temp gauge, heh, just hums along..

i found this out when i had to take my manager to the ER the other night, lol..

also caught a foot of air when i took the offramp, that was fun :P

I can field this one.The roof rack is actually bolted to the factory roof rails and the weight is taken by the gutters. I didn't get to build the gutter clamps before I let the car go.

looks like MM has some fabricating to do to finish up the rack right. Don't get me wrong, it works like a charm as is, just makes a bit of a racket inside the car.

I've only seen the car this clean twice. It started it's life like this:

23DD_002-med.jpg

23DD_001-med.jpg

Note bale of hay in the back.

I have around 100 pictures of the resurrection and build-up if you would like them.

MM, Did you use the clutch that was on the back of the spare engine? I was told that it was fairly fresh and the timing belts too. The car the engine came out of was run over(no kidding) by a dump truck. Compression was ~100 for all the cylinders. Glad to hear it's strong.

I have the trim for the sides if you don't want to scavenge off the brown one.

All the systems checked out OK on the Dolphin with exception of the heat furnace. I've got to diagnose that one soon. Did you have it going with full burner on and not just the pilot?

Regards,

Jay

well dupont no.7 is a metal cleaning compound, its not sold in walmart, or your big chain stores.. you can find it in grocery stores only. food lion, safeway, and a few others.. maybe albertsons for you west coasters..

in a green and white metal tub.. has kerosene in it, so it cleans everything up real nice.. then the wax just finishes it off..

Jay: look at the pics again :) already put the trim back on :) nieghbor had some wicked glue just for that, lol 15 min and it was a permanent bond.

i'll pm you about the motorhome.

ohh i used the clutch on the spare engine, before it wnt in, i pulled it off and checked it, the pressure plate still had the circular grooves in it from when it was made.. clutch disc was thicker than the other one also.. they were made a little different in design but it works as it should.

also figured out the roof "booming" i need to put the center rails back on for the factory roof rack, theres no support there without them, i can duplicate the same "booming" just by cranking my stereo up, with the rack off it.. so tis not the rack..

• 2 weeks later...