Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Spider Intake Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:09 AM

So I got ahold of my spider intake tonite (good old sticky fingers) hehehe..

I plan on installing it on my MPFI non turbo XT4. I've never done this conversion before. Is it plug and play with the existing MPFI regular intake wiring harness?

If not, what issues am I going to run into? I will be leaving for the summer in a few weeks and I want to make sure I have everything I will need.

I will have a day to get the intake on and working.

All comments welcome! thanks guys

#2 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

is that spider you got a n/a or tubo manifold?

#3 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:56 AM

N/A.. the donor is the same year as my XT.
I'm hoping the MPFI airbox and MAF will be compatible with the Spider intake.. either that or a K&N filter

#4 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:01 AM

well the turbo spider manifold wirring plugged right into my RX engine harness, so i would imagine that the n/a spider wirring is exactly the same as your xt engine harness..the only thing you will have to fab is a new intake pipe due to the diffreent posistion of the TB..you may also have to change throttle cables or fab an extra bracket onto the spider..dont know much about xt so i not sure if you have to use a different stiffy bar mount or not

#5 Forkspear

Forkspear

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Moriarty

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

I believe the plugs are different on the N/A spider. I used the N/A manifold with the turbo harness. Dont forget about the pitching stopper bracket. I used an XT6 5 speed bracket fo my RX. But you may already have the bracket that bolts on the transmission. Both my XT4 parts cars with automatics have the smaller bracket.

#6 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

plugs should be the same as his xt is a non turbo

#7 Forkspear

Forkspear

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Moriarty

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

Perhaps. His is an early MPFI so the plugs might be different. Probably has the VAF instead of MAF. I will check next time I got to the junkyard.

#8 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

Right on guys.. good info. I'm gonna go get the pitch stopper bracket just to make sure. The only problem I can see so far, is I dont have the SPider intake air intake box.. I have the air intake hose, but lacking the box and the VAF/MAF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users