Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Seats into an '82 GL Wagon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fastenova

fastenova

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Tigard

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

Looking to figure out whether new Subie seats (99 OB) will fit in an ea wagon. Height-wise, and mounting-wise...

#2 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:19 AM

no and no, not without modification but it has been done by welding some brackets onto the 82 wagon seats and not using the seat sliders from the new seats.

#3 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:32 PM

I fabbed up a GL - 10 seat with height adjustment to fit onto my 84 Brat sliders.. the GL-10 was a little wider.. so it took an extra couple brackets to get it to mount up right.. The newer seats are probably wider than for your wagon... so you might want to take some measurements to see if you have room. If you got a welder and an oxycetalene torch though you can do just about anything!Good luck!

#4 fastenova

fastenova

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Tigard

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

Sweet. I have no qualms about melting metal to make it fit =D The seats on my '82 are thrashed, and I am getting a set of 99 OB seats for free, so I figure why not? My dad's got gas, wirefeed, and arc welders, and usually has some scrap metal sitting around, so I'll bet we can make something work. The width definately might be a consideration, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users