Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everyone, I have looked everywhere and had little luck finding the answer to my question.. I have a '90 legacy ls sedan auto, and I am trying to locate the VSS (Vehical Speed Sensor) output pin on the back of the instrument cluster. I have a gps unit that requires a vss input. I know that the car senses its speed from the head unit speedometer, but where does it output a signal to the ecu (or elsewhere)???? Any help would be appreciated, a schematic would be awesome. Thanks,

Scott

I don't know how similar our cars are, but mine had this wire on the back of the Instrument Cluster. If I remember correctly the wire is on the left side, part of a connnector with 2 or 3 wires - ? I apologize for the lack of detail but it was some time ago that I installed mine.

-Heikki

Hi everyone, I have looked everywhere and had little luck finding the answer to my question.. I have a '90 legacy ls sedan auto, and I am trying to locate the VSS (Vehical Speed Sensor) output pin on the back of the instrument cluster. I have a gps unit that requires a vss input. I know that the car senses its speed from the head unit speedometer, but where does it output a signal to the ecu (or elsewhere)???? Any help would be appreciated, a schematic would be awesome. Thanks,

Scott

Since you have an auto tranny, why don't you just take it from the one in the tranny (VSS1)?