Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pictures of AA lift kit Parts

This post is meant for (mudrat) and others who were curious about the components of the Allied Armament lift kit, and how it works. Here is a link to the page with pictures of the kit. http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/Subaru.html

and here are some pictures of the car (scroll to the bottom) flexing with the kit installed http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/SubParts.html . Anyways hope this helps. Note: all components are not shown in the picture.

James Malarkey

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.com :brow:

Right now! We are building a lift for a clients EA 81 and we are going to offer it as a 4" front 3" inch rear lift (if you noticed are rear strut extension is adjustable 2 extra inches) so if you want 4 to 4 you can just adjust it. ;) Are you near Portland Oregon, if you are we can bring your car into the shop and take a look at it, it should be fairly similar.

I need a lift for the Gen 2 Brat.. when you gonna start producing those? :brow:

I'm in Tucson Arizona... used to live in Rainier.. Parents live in Astoria :brow: We're gonna try to make it to WCSS but I donno if we'll be able to afford it by the time it rolls around. With your 4/4 lift what needs to be done to the running gear to keep everything reliable?

Isn't that flex picture the one in the comparison pictures as the BYB/PK lift?

And as "CEO" don't you think your "clients" deserve good grammar? Seems kind of sloppy.

"making this one of the most highest and most versatile 4x4 kits on the planet."

LOL Noah! You would have to live in NW Oregon to understand how their school system is up there.. His grammar isn't THAT Bad! rofl.

And as "CEO" don't you think your "clients" deserve good grammar? Seems kind of sloppy.

"making this one of the most highest and most versatile 4x4 kits on the planet."

No modification to the running gear, the axles support the extra strain, and we have had no problems. Everything in the kit is bolt on except in the rear where you have to grind or cut the little bump stops off the swing arm (if you ever take the lift kit off you just weld them back on or have a shop do it). I will be at WCSS event with a vendor booth, speaking about that shoot I need to send my check off. Hopefully everyone comes and checks it out.

I'm in Tucson Arizona... used to live in Rainier.. Parents live in Astoria :brow: We're gonna try to make it to WCSS but I donno if we'll be able to afford it by the time it rolls around. With your 4/4 lift what needs to be done to the running gear to keep everything reliable?

Hey I didnt write it my webmaster did http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/Webmaster.html . You can talk to him if you want to *************** about a grammatical error. I will contact him and have him make the changes (Via. remove (most) from the sentence) . JM

I would need a car to model it on, but I know we could do it. It would probably take a week to get it all worked out, but if your interested in leaving a car with us hit me back with a PM

how about ea71:brow: or am i pushing my luck.mudrat said he did it before.would you need a car as a model to do it on?i have an 80 brat and would be interested.

Better yet he went to Culver Oregon. Here you can check out his website and while your at it look at his hunting page there is some "beautiful pictures" http://garrettowne.homestead.com/index2.html . Also he has a Masters degree in the college of business at Oregon state, and bachelors in engineering. Its not my fault that after long nights of school in work he has a hard time formally spelling a sentence.

Did your webmaster go to Scappoose High? :brow:

Beg deel, hu cars aboot grammatical eaers. Doughnut bee sew kritikal!

Yea..unless you retrofitted Les's former-wagon with your lift, that's a BYB lifted car, though I see you've tinted the windows and put your decals on it, so I suspect you did.

Got you're email/PM...sounds great, should get here in perfect timing.

Just thought I'd put in a good word for these guys...I've ordered one of these lifts, and despite the fact that I ordered before they started producing them, they have been in great contact, and my lift will be here ontime. And also not to badmouth PK, as I know he does great work, but if he had been in contact as reliably and easily as these guys, my wagon would have been lifted before any of us had heard of Allied Armament. And at a competetive price (oh wait, I got a killer deal cause I ordered so soon, and none of you will get that!!!! MUWAAHAAHAA).

That car is les's former subaru and yep it has been stripped of the BYB lift kit, and been replaced with the far better performing Allied Armament kit. I've had both lifts on this car and I can honestly say that there is no way in Hell a byb lift could get this much flex and this much clearance without and this much 4x4 performance. It performs so much better offroad now that there is no way to compare them. Just for fun when i go to the WCSS (or whatever you call it) I am going to bring les's old lift with me and lay it out on the table and have it side by side with my lift so you can see the quality differences. By the way thanks Chux for the support.

Yea..unless you retrofitted Les's former-wagon with your lift, that's a BYB lifted car, though I see you've tinted the windows and put your decals on it, so I suspect you did.

Got you're email/PM...sounds great, should get here in perfect timing.

Just thought I'd put in a good word for these guys...I've ordered one of these lifts, and despite the fact that I ordered before they started producing them, they have been in great contact, and my lift will be here ontime. And also not to badmouth PK, as I know he does great work, but if he had been in contact as reliably and easily as these guys, my wagon would have been lifted before any of us had heard of Allied Armament.

I have the lifts listed for $500 on the website, and since were getting so good at installing them that I would only charge you $550 for everything.

question ; if iam in oregon during my vac this summer what would you charge to install a 4" on a 87 DL......just wondering ? spark

If you look on our website you can see that the rear strut extensions have threads on them they are adjustable, they can be increased up to 2 inches. If you have adjustable front struts they too are adjust two inches. Overall you can get 6" inches of lift out of your vehicle. The grey subaru on the subaru parts page is adjusted one inch with a four inch lift (theres actually five inches of lift on the vehicle) check it out www.alliedarmament.com . JM :brow:

Any chance of lifts greater than 4"? :brow: