Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'98 6 disc CD unit question

The stereo in my '98 Legacy is the AM/FM/WB/CD/Cassette unit and I would like to upgrade it with a factory 6 disc CD unit that goes under the front passenger seat. While searching eBay for one I came across the following item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=43948&item=2428973625

Is the CD unit in the above auction the same one used by Subaru in my Legacy? If not does anyone know if my factory radio can be used to control the Clarion CD unit? Also, does anyone have a working 6 disk CD unit for sale that will work in my Legacy?

Thanks,

Ruppster

I would think this would work with your unit Ruppster but I can't say that for sure. If you could still get that unit that was on Ebay I would go for it.

I just checked the Ebay posting and it is up for sale again. It's a super buy. Here is the new link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43948&item=2430517396

Cougar: yeah, it does look like a good buy but I was hoping to find out for sure before wasting any money on it. Thanks for the link.

theotherskip: I was thinking it referrred to being Forester only due to the instructions covering how to install it on that car only or maybe the use of a Forester specific bracket. I would try calling the dealer but I don't think they would have much info themselves. One thing I have learned while working at a motorcycle dealership is when a customer asked if a part from another bike would work on his it's usually best to play dumb and say no. You would be surprised what kind of questions people ask us mechanics. ;)

Ruppster