Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

I'm going to be replacing the front CV axles on my 97 Outback soon, and I came across Raxles.com. They appear to be a good company, from what I gathered at their website. Has anyone dealt with them before? I've read that many here like Cvaxles.com, so I'm considering them too.

Thanks,

Andrew

Holy cow...I just got price quotes from both raxles.com and cvaxles.com. Here are the results:

raxles.com=$149.99 per side

cvaxles.com=$55.00 per side

The people at raxles.com emphasize the fact that they use new outer joints on all their axles, but is it worth that much more money?

i bought 2 cv assys from raxles for a 95 corolla. they were about $120 ea.so far they have about 30k miles on them with no problem. the only thing they salvage from your cores are the shafts, everything else is new, new inners and outers, boots, etc. the price is fair considering the product that you get, certainly cheaper than factory toyota cvs. they also send you a neat combination pocketknife that is real sharp as in razor sharp.

i wouldn't hesitate to put some of their product on my sube (99 2.2l 5M 25th anniv. "the good one"). they are also good with phone questions and won't treat you with contempt. feel comfy with them.

Holy cow...I just got price quotes from both raxles.com and cvaxles.com. Here are the results:

raxles.com=$149.99 per side

cvaxles.com=$55.00 per side

The people at raxles.com emphasize the fact that they use new outer joints on all their axles, but is it worth that much more money?

1stsubaruparts.com lists the OEM front axel assy for a '97 Outback MT as $100.76. If I wanted something new, I'd let raxels.com keep their $50 pocket knife and go that route. A lot of people here are very happy with the quality of cvaxels.com, myself included, but if your worried about warranty or the hassel of shipping back a core you can probalby get into a lifetime warranty axel at autozone for 75$. They are not the best quality and sometimes it can be a hassle getting them to honor the warranty but its an option.