Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 w/ dual carb set up

My mechanic has a EA81 complete. Comes with dual carb manifold and carbs... everthing intact and ready to go. Also has lots of extra goodies for it. I'm just throwing out a feeler and can bring pics and real data to WCSS if anyone is interested.

how much does he want for it?

I don't know. I'll ask him. I was putting out a feeler for him. It is an unmodified set up. All original. Dave Miller (Dave Miller's Subaru in Eagle River, AK) is one of the best subbie mechanics in the state, and he's a straight up guy.

• 1 month later...
I don't know. I'll ask him. I was putting out a feeler for him. It is an unmodified set up. All original. Dave Miller (Dave Miller's Subaru in Eagle River, AK) is one of the best subbie mechanics in the state, and he's a straight up guy.

That guy and I have had some choice words. We didnt get along too well, but I know he is a pretty reputable Subaru mechanic.

If you want to find the BEST subaru mechanics in AK, head to Specialized Import Auto in Anchorage :)

Pix would be nice... any idea where he got the engine?

-Brian

How rare would it be to find a true EA-81 dual carb intake from a JDM RX? That sounds like a cool bolt on for more power. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that since i haven't seen or heard of them before they're kinda rare and expensive if found.

do you know if it's the 1600 intake modified to fit the 1800 or the true ea81 dual carb intake that was on the ea81 JDM RX's?

Brian, I get along with Dave Miller fine. He's always been congenial, cuts me deals on work, offers me hints and tips/advice on troubleshooting. He's done work on my Brat and didn't charge me a dime. I've seen him not so nice, but he was dealing with "know-it-alls" who were about as dumb as a post. I guess he's like anybody else; it's all in how you get treated that determines the reciprocal treatment.

Aren't the heads on the dual set-up engines different from the singles? Something about intake/exhaust valve placement inside the heads.Will the dual EA81 intake work on a regular EA81 head?

Not trying to throw siht in the game, just remember reading something about differences awhile back on the board.

Jay

the heads are different, matched to the cam.

Valve placement is reversed compared to a standard EA81.

Normal heads will work fine, I would suggest some porting and exhaust mods to get the air flowing a little better. Heavy valve springs as well.

Do they make a big differnce? - the tach needle flys up, wire the secondarys to open manually and you have some real fun.

Go for it!

• 3 years later...
My mechanic has a EA81 complete. Comes with dual carb manifold and carbs... everthing intact and ready to go. Also has lots of extra goodies for it. I'm just throwing out a feeler and can bring pics and real data to WCSS if anyone is interested.

Hi ,I'm a new to this but I'm looking for dual carb. ea81 engines . Do you know where I can find some. thanks

Hi ,I'm a new to this but I'm looking for dual carb. ea81 engines . Do you know where I can find some. thanks

If you're looking for just the dual carb intake and carbs, they show up on here from time to time. Monstaru actually had some for sale recently (not sure if they're still available). There isn't really a place you can just get them though.

If you're looking for the whole deal, dual carb intake, carbs, heads, cam and such, then you just have to close your eyes, pray really hard, be very very very patient and possibly make a few friends in the right places. Luck is good too.

What Psyko said. The intakes show up from time to time but they do virtually nothing benifitial for a stock EA81. If you can actually find the dual carb heads, and cam to go along with the intake and carbs...then your talkin. But again good luck. There are people who have been looking around for years (im one of them; on again off again).

Yep I bought a couple from him! I got problems please help!:rolleyes:

here ya go................................................... Ask for Bob he says he has 2 but the carbs are rusty and will need repair but the dual manifolds are good. merry Christmas

:banana:

Stratus 2000 Inc.

5145 SE 3rd St

Corvallis, OR 97333

Phone: (541)754-4114

Fax: (541)754-4114