Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I live in Texas and cannot believe how many big bugs and debris get into the intake and clog up the filter. I have the little plastic deflector in front of the intake as well, but apparently its not working enough so I did this little $1.30 mod. Its made from rain gutter material from Home Depot. It might be restricting the air flow, but I cannot feel it so it must be OK. Its totally hidden behind the hood so I dont think its very "rice" like ...lol.

Here are the direct links to see images.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5818&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5819&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

Nice job! :headbang:

That's looks to be the same exact material I used to make the bug screen for my exposed lower radiator intake opening.

Interesting, I didn't know it was rain gutter material tho. I just had a big piece laying around, so I usd it.

A Subaru in Texas? When we spent a week in Southern California I saw less than a 1/2 dozen Subarus and this spring in San Fransisco only saw 3. I bet there are fewer than than that where you are.

I thought they were scarce here in Western Pennsylvania!

A Subaru in Texas? When we spent a week in Southern California I saw less than a 1/2 dozen Subarus and this spring in San Fransisco only saw 3. I bet there are fewer than than that where you are.

Hahaha, its true, there are SOOO few here it seems. I have yet to see but maybe 3 OBW's in a year. Its such a great car, I just love it.

Hahaha, its true, there are SOOO few here it seems. I have yet to see but maybe 3 OBW's in a year. Its such a great car, I just love it.

Western Washington is lousy with them. I swear that every 10th car is a Subaru. There is a Subaru dealer within 2 miles of me and another 3 within 20 miles. When we were in Southern California and looked for a dealer, there were only 3 in the whole Los Angeles basin and the nearest to where we were was 40 miles away.

Eastern Washington is the same. They're everywhere!

Peter S

Western Washington is lousy with them. I swear that every 10th car is a Subaru. There is a Subaru dealer within 2 miles of me and another 3 within 20 miles. When we were in Southern California and looked for a dealer, there were only 3 in the whole Los Angeles basin and the nearest to where we were was 40 miles away.

I used to live in So Cal last year and know EXACTLY what you are talking about. The Subaru dealer was like an after thought next to Mazda at the end of the auto mall. As it was, there was only two in the whole county so they had no competition.

you should see how many there are here in N.H. just the other day i was out doing some driving around,in about an hours time i think i past like 30 subies.

alot of legacys,outbacks an one baja i came across.while i was in next town over(in goffstown,i'm in manch) came across a nice justy.haven't seen one up close in yrs.it had sum rust but in good shape over all.