Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Broke rear upper strut mount

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,403 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:08 AM

Ok, this is getting rediculous. While I'm doing my sister's brakes, I notice the right rear strut would sqeak every time I touched it. Found out that the bushings are toast. I finally found the clunk when you go over bumps. Now, either the parts stores dont know what I'm talking about or they just don't have such a thing:
It's hanging like this:
Posted Image
If I push up on it, it looks like this:
Posted Image
Anything that's rubber is considered shot in AZ, so the junkyards are out. Any sugestions?

#2 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:07 AM

Remove the assembly and see if the nut that should be at the end of the strut rod is still there or just loose.

#3 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:07 AM

the nut that holds the mount to the strut musta backed off. You may be able to tighten up the nut,. but most likely, its bend or broke. get a used strut from a JY or from a parts car and you'll be set

#4 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,403 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users