Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another 5-lug question (Impreza struts) *Done! Almost*

Caboobaroo

So I finally got everything to finish converting the front end of my RX to 5-lug today. Here's a list of what I got:

4 14" steels with ok tires

front knuckles

front hubs/rotos

front calipers

front strut assembilies

Anyways, I was wondering if I have to change the top hats on the Impreza struts with the EA82 top hats.

Damn overpriced junkyards suck but hey, it all came off of an Impreza with 73,000 miles on it:D

Well I got the driver side done! Spent a little time trying to get the coil spring back on since it was kinda lopsided from the spring compressors BUT it worked with the EA82 top hat. Now all I need are XT6 tie rod ends and I should be sitting back on 4 wheels in no time!

they came off of a '95 Impreza wagon with 73,000 miles on it. 2WD I believe but they are in good shape. Car smacked into pole right in the front center so all sheetmetal was screwed up but nothing mechanical. Shipping would be about 15 bucks as well...

the car is now sitting outside on 4 wheels again. Its almost done, just a few things left to button up plus payment to some people for parts (you know who you are;))

Still left are the XT6 tie rod ends, install front calipers and finish installing rear calipers, bleed brake system, a few nuts and bolts here and there, and XT6 front and rear swaybars...

sounds like a lot but in all reality, its not too bad. I'm just happy to have it outside once again. Pics to come!