Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sociological observation of old Subaru owners vs Jeep guys

I have been on and off of this board from time to time since 1997. Regretably I am presently without a sube. I have a Jeep. I get on the Jeep board from time to time to try to figure out how to fix stuff or find out what parts interchange. I could not help but notice a serious level of hostility on that board among many of the members. Some of those guys really have something to prove.

Comparitively speaking, the Sube guys are a lot more laid back.

Maybe there is something to the tiny man, huge truck theory. :)

I get tired of seeing all the people that take the easy way out and buy their way to the trail instead of creating their own monster.

I can respect any rig that its obvious they didnt just toss money at it, they put time, blood, and sweat into it as well. Obviously anybody that goes about it with a Subaru is going to go this route, certainly not the easy way, but an uphill battle against your non subaru peers and the terrain to make your Subaru into a true off roader.

:lol: Sure seems that way.I never see a real big guy in those things.It's usually some wormy daddy's money preppie punk.Baseball hat,no socks,open collared shirt,too cool to even look at you Subaru without smirking.

Except for you,Jack.;)

The big guys that do drive them are pretty much the linemen from the football team.Need I say more?:lol:

:lol: Sure seems that way.I never see a real big guy in those things.It's usually some wormy daddy's money preppie punk.Baseball hat,no socks,open collared shirt,too cool to even look at you Subaru without smirking.

Except for you,Jack.;)

The big guys that do drive them are pretty much the linemen from the football team.Need I say more?:lol:

I have made similar observations. I try not to sterotype, and there are definately some really cool guys who have done some unbelieveable things with the soccer mom mobile that is the Grand Cherokee. But most of those guys don't know what to make of me. My truck is old, on its 3rd motor (they said you can't kill a 4.0, I say you can't kill an EA82!), and bone stock. I guess I don't have a gripe with the gear the guys are running as much as with the attitudes. I mean if I wanted to get into a political debate with a completely uninformed ignoramous, I would go down to the local frathouse. I wanted to talk diff swaps and exhaust systems. Instead I end up hearing a bunch of jerks mouth off about how (in thier opinion) date rape laws are unfair and reading a lot of racial slurs. Not my cup of tea.

Sorry to stray from the topic; SUBARUS!!!! But I just thought I should make mention of how cool I think the people that drive them and frequent this board are.

Glad to see that things haven't changed.