Ultimate Subaru Message Board

B9 Tribeca hits the showroom floor! (photos)

View All of the Photos **click here**

We got a handful of the 5-seater B9 Tribeca's today

white, black, beige?cream colored....

car is not EVEN as big as it looks in photos.

LOCALS....

if you get the chance, you should come and see em before they're gone.

I do believe these all may be pre-sold... so hurry.

subaru-b9-tribeca-001.jpg

cupholder/center console - pretty slick :D

subaru-b9-tribeca-cupholder.jpg

subaru-b9-tribeca-cuphold1.jpg

gauges....

subaru-b9-tribeca-gauges1.jpg

lights...

subaru-b9-tribeca-light.jpg

car is different for Subaru. but i dont think they're going to have a problem selling them :)

shout with questions.

Jamie

www.subiegal.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we just got a whole truck load at the dealer I work at (wentworth) and I must say I'm not pleased with them. They are actually 7 seaters according to the sticker, but while checking it out, there is NO WAY 7 people can fit in these things, the 3rd row seat is a JOKE, seriously there is a Asian guy at work that is like 5'0 tall and about 100lbs and he couldn't even fit back there without putting his legs long ways in the seat. The interior in the front cockpit it however roomy, but its all out of proportion if you ask me. The front end is just butt ugly, there is nothing good looking about it. A plus however is the H6 Engine, which is allways a good thing for more power output. Let's just hope subaru made this thing perform better than it looks.

I completely agree with these three statements:

1) It's not near as big in person as the pics suggest.

2) The back seat is a joke, I'm 6'3" and I wouldn't ride back there in an emergency.

3) The thing is still ugly as sin.

Im pretty sure 2 children could fit, not adults but oh well. At least it could be done in a pinch. Its not like the Subaru Brat jumpseats fit a typical American that well.

As for the ugly factor, im pretty sure theres a high percentage of people out there that think just about every Subaru ever made is kindof ugly but the cool features are what makes a Subaru a vehicle to have. Justy, XT, Loyale, Brat...if you say Im not buying one cuz they are ugly thats just silly they are too cool in other ways to make the ugly part a priority.

They aren't huge but they seem very wide compared to other Subaru's, kindof like an SVX seems. Thats the closest car I can come to comparing it to really, an SVX SUV crossover vehicle, like taking an SVX and an Outback and combining the features.

I won't ever buy one because I have seen what happens to an EZ30 engine when its timing chain breaks or the oil pump needs resealed.

Yeah when we saw the pics at our dealership everyone said what the f*#K were subaru smoking when they built that thig but its starting to grow on me, ...

Still wont buy one though i like my brumby tooooooooooo much

been driving sub's since '80...they have consistently been behind in having stylish looking cars---they seem to be very consistent about this......look at the XT....what a piece of crap!....

And this thing IS but ugly...what a laughing stock...

Love the reliability and the 4wd....but power and style were never they're forte'

And the head gasket problem and their failure to own up to it is disgraceful

been driving sub's since '80...they have consistently been behind in having stylish looking cars---they seem to be very consistent about this......look at the XT....what a piece of crap!....

Love the reliability and the 4wd....but power and style were never they're forte'

AMEN!

right....

no OTHER car manufacturer has any kind of 'recalls'

or issues right?

every other car manufacturer is perfect...

what a joke! ahahaa :D

Subaru is one of the highest ranked in realibity and dependability.

IMHO

thisB9 is very nice.

and will sell very well.

it's not meant for the current subaru owner.

but there is an entirely new market of subaru owners

about to enter our realm

this car in it's class is a good $10-15k less than it's competitors

i'd say subaru's probably hit a homerun with this one

but time will tell.

Where are the gears?

the shifter has:

P (park)

R (reverse)

N (neutral)

D (drive)

no 3..2...1 ?

boo!!

It has 1 2 and 3. Its an automanual for those 3 gears. Notice the +/- signs. At a stop you put the shifter all the way down and it goes into 1st gear. then you bump the shifter into the + spot and it goes to 2nd and bump it again and it goes into 3rd.

View All of the Photos **click here**

We got a handful of the 5-seater B9 Tribeca's today

white, black, beige?cream colored....

car is not EVEN as big as it looks in photos.

LOCALS....

if you get the chance, you should come and see em before they're gone.

I do believe these all may be pre-sold... so hurry.

subaru-b9-tribeca-001.jpg

cupholder/center console - pretty slick :D

subaru-b9-tribeca-cupholder.jpg

subaru-b9-tribeca-cuphold1.jpg

gauges....

subaru-b9-tribeca-gauges1.jpg

lights...

subaru-b9-tribeca-light.jpg

car is different for Subaru. but i dont think they're going to have a problem selling them :)

shout with questions.

Jamie

www.subiegal.com

It's nice to see that some things don't change...look at the pic showing the instrument cluster and top of the steering column. That damned parking light rocker switch, AKA "the Subaru Virgin switch", is still there...........

I'm not sure about this either...

The thing is brand new and it out of gas and the check engine light is already on :lol:

Could we rebadge this one with a Chevrolet tag and deny it's existance? :rolleyes:

It's ugly! :eek:

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer--started life as a good looking car.

01 Forester--kinda queer looking but still a good car.

There are 2 at the dealer here in Madison. I can't stand SUVs at all, but this is a Subaru so it's ok. My gf wants to trade in her 1995 Lumina minivan on it.

The grille reminds me of an Alfa Romeo.

That parking light switch is odd. My car has that too, no idea why.

right....

no OTHER car manufacturer has any kind of 'recalls'

or issues right?

every other car manufacturer is perfect...

what a joke! ahahaa :D

Subaru is one of the highest ranked in realibity and dependability.

IMHO

thisB9 is very nice.

and will sell very well.

it's not meant for the current subaru owner.

but there is an entirely new market of subaru owners

about to enter our realm

this car in it's class is a good $10-15k less than it's competitors

i'd say subaru's probably hit a homerun with this one

but time will tell.

I agree- it's not for everyone, but for those looking, I think it will do well. after having another child recently, the forester is looking a little cramped. Besides, you didn't hear people talking trash about that "avalanche wannabe" baja when it came out? (I'm not bashing the baja, just referencing a recent thread on the issue) I'm sure baja owners love their car.

all this naysaying reminds me of the stuff I hear on other boards when new models come out. Just be thankful Chris Bangle doesn't work at Subaru.

I went and looked at it while picking up a part for my SVX. I have to say that it looks alot better than the pictures give it credit for. I also tried to sit in the back seats, i am 5.11 165 pounds, and while i dident fit completley comfortley, no leg space, i could imagine 2 of me sitting back there in a pintch, and could easiley imagine some childeren sitting back there with out any problems. It also seemened to have some very high fit in finish with high quality interior materials. Over all if i had a couple of kids, and had space problems with a 05 legacy turbo 5spd, i would probley opt for it. Asumming it keeps the subaru sportiness in it.