Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So we at Aarons auto have finaly got a 2005 sti, in about a month im going to put everything in a 99 forester. drivetrain, suspension, dash and center console, and the seats. ive done a full swap of a 99 outback into my 93 impreza so im confedent i can do it in little time. i dont know if we will be selling any of the other parts right away so......all you sti owners will have to wait and find out, im going to try and get the rear wing for myself. i will include some pics of the poor sti for all you to get angry or cry over, aperently the dumb rump roast was on I 90 in the rain with bald rump roast tires and spun it arround(its not pritty)

anyone have any ideas for getting a stuck cam pully bolt off? we have another 2.0 wrx engine with the same problem. it feels stange being able to bend, beat and cut the hell out of this thing. hopfully i will be able to throw it together enuff to drive it up and down the road, the cam is the only thing holding me back

12167IMAGE021-small.jpg12167IMAGE024_small.jpg12167IMAGE019-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

hello...i am also swapping a 04 sti engine, drivetrain, ecu and suspensionin into a 99 forester. so my swap is pretty similar 2 the one in this post... the engine i will b recieving is JDM (right hand drive) while the forester is a USDM left hand drive. the other problem is that the forester is originaly A/T whilethe STi comes with a 6spd M/T... will these b a problem? will this swap b pretty strait forwards if im jus planning on replacing everything? and will it hold to the forester chassis?

~thanx alot~