Ultimate Subaru Message Board

That is damn impressive. I wonder what his secret is.

Well, he's from Sweden, so like my Outback, his car was probably built in Japan and not the USA ! :-p :lol: (Sorry, only teasing ;) )

Seriously, just regular careful manintenance and a lack of abuse....I don't think there are any secrets to long vehicle life.

I was reading about him.. he has a birth defect that he can't use his right leg to drive.. thats kinda gotta be a PITA to drive that much with just your left foot.. nah.. may be you'd get used to it huh? ... Either way .. Why would an old dude like that put his car on blocks just to have that many miles on his car? Also, it said he delivers campers or something like that all over sweden for a living. ALSO, it said he had the HG's changed.. a front CV joint.. and both rear wheel bearings(from all the towing I'm sure) .. It's believable.

see that cane in the pic? its called, look i put it on blocks and wedged my cane on the accelerator... don't ya think with 500k it'd have a little bit less shine and a few more bugs/paint chips on the front?

i have my doubts..

Essentially, a driver in Sweden bought a used 1999 Outback in 2000 with 12,000 km on the odometer. His most recent safety inspection shows that he had 807,801 km. He can only use his left foot to drive because of a birth defect. He's "retired" but freelances delivering camper trailers throughout Sweden, so about half those km were spent towing trailers.

That would have to be $40k+ in gas ... if it was in the US!

So what did it cost him at Swedish gas prices? ;)

-Heikki

Essentially, a driver in Sweden bought a used 1999 Outback in 2000 with 12,000 km on the odometer. His most recent safety inspection shows that he had 807,801 km. He can only use his left foot to drive because of a birth defect. He's "retired" but freelances delivering camper trailers throughout Sweden, so about half those km were spent towing trailers.

It's for real.

Roughly two years ago he was featured in the European Subaru magazine. He was nearing 600k km.

The beauty was that he had only owned the car for a week and came back to the dealer wanting a 12,500km service....they couldn't believe it!