Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ladies and Gentlemen,I give you,the '73 wagon of "WagonsOnly"

you can tell that i haven't had much to do with the older subies cause i think that the was the back gate opens is cool along with the way the bumper is split into three sections.

it could also mean that i'm fascinated by all the subie things that i haven't yet experienced.

by the way good luck and two thumbs up

I just drooled on myself:slobber:

Hay nobody told me we were having a meet the wagon meet this weekend?

Tail gate wagons rock, so how does that rear bumber thing work, is it spring loaded or something?

I WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!:)

Very nice wagon!

Thirty-two years old and just now reaching middle age, perhaps...

Had one thought, but it's no big deal: You may consider pulling off the air cleaner and painting it to match the body...:cool:

With virtually no other stock representations of similar year Subarus up here I'd like to see him keep it as it came from Fuji.Personal opinion.

You guys out there might yank another one out from some old ladies garage,but around here there's nothing like that to be found.

I might do the naughty on my '73 and drop in a 1600 dual carb.My car is far from the condition of this wagon.It wouldn't be such a sin.:grin:

Actually I kind of like the idea...but only because I have another NOS 1400 air cleaner still in the shrink wrap.

Now, let me try to answer some questions that were left here (I've been away from the computer for awhile).

Yes, this is the eBay wagon. Subaru of Gwinnett had it on consignment for a little old lady who (get this) inherited it three years ago from her ninety-year-old aunt. All the maintenance records, plus service manuals (Chiltons and Haynes, not FSMs), the owner's manual, the '73 Dealer Directory, and the warranty booklet, are with it. It has a little over 84,000 miles (it was a long drive back!), the interior is absolutely gorgeous with just a couple of small tears in the driver's seat, the paint is fairly decent. there's some rust on the chrome work and on the original hubcaps (all 4 originals came with it, the aftermarkets are off now, I left them on as cheap insurance against rock dings and dents on the ride back).

It needs a carb rebuild, unfortunately, and the points have to be reset. I'm running quite rich right now (around 22mpg with a 650lb load).

The tailgate works like this: The top portion is counterweighted just like a trunk lid on an XT or Loyale sedan, you just pop the top with the handle and swing it up. It does lock. The bottom has the license plate and the bumper. Unlike the Baja there is no swing-down license plate holder so it's technically illegal to operate the car on a public roadway with the bottom part of the tailgate down. To open the bottom part, which just swings down like the rear tailgate on an S-10 Blazer, you pull up on the ripcord to the right of the hatch latch. (The thing that looks like a lawnmower pull-start.)

And yes, it is a 1.4ltr.

For those of you who want to see it: I'll be at Connie's Sat. See Meet-n-Greet for details. And drool over her 28,000 mile GLF, too!

Well I am green with envy. Congratulations. The split door model didn't make it here as far as I know. Its time for me to start a search for a 1400 4WD wagon to complete my set.

you can tell that i haven't had much to do with the older subies cause i think that the was the back gate opens is cool along with the way the bumper is split into three sections.

it could also mean that i'm fascinated by all the subie things that i haven't yet experienced.

by the way good luck and two thumbs up