Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lets talk about legos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

So....1986 SUBARU GL-10 turbo wagon...

and...either 87 RX or 89 RX.

i want to swap complete the wiring harness into the GL-10 from one of the two RX's...so i can run the better MAF EMS. BUT...GL-10 has early cruise system..and the 87 has all the plugs for it...does the 89 ahve that too?

anyhow...im thinking it would be like Lego's swapping that.

what does everyone else think?

#2 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:15 PM

So....1986 SUBARU GL-10 turbo wagon...

...i want to swap complete the wiring harness into the GL-10 from one of the two RX's...so i can run the better MAF EMS...

Just wanted to remind/point out that if you decide to go with MegaSquirt on the GL10 then this particular item is made irrelevant.

#3 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

I know. I'm just looking at all the options.

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,500 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

from what i have seen the 87 harness is more like the 88 and up, but may have connectors like 86 models, such as the disty and such.

the cruise will mount physically and will swap. the dash should support it, you will need the appropriately matched steering column/wheel to match.

#5 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

damn, thats right. I have one somewhere.....

#6 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

I put cruise from a '86 GL into my RX, all the connectors were there, popped right in like Legos. :) I did not swap in a '87+ cruise steering wheel, I just added three little momentary switches to the dash in the unused switch mount left of wheel.

I have noticed that it wont hold speed on the hills at speeds over 65mph or so... its running to close to boost to have enough vacuum to hold the actuator in.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users