Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

attn: Megasquirt/EDIS peeps...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

Ok...its time for it...finally.

thinking of going with the http://www.rs-autosport.com/ kit, and finding a EDIS 'kit' and finally doing full standalone engine management for either the RX or the GL-10.

Ive got all I need to tune the car once everything is hooked up. Doug at Top Speed is a Master AEM Tech/Tuner and knows how to tune anything. We've got a Dynojet AWD dyno with a wideband.

Whats the littel secrets? ;)

#2 ThreeEyedBandit

ThreeEyedBandit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Central Point Or

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

On my justy and ER-27 I have found that taking little steps and seeing what all it affects will make it way quicker in the long run. Also remeber were you started so when you go the wrong way it is easy to go back. I would say go with the wideband O2 if you can afford it.

Matt

#3 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 7,157 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

wow, thats a nice site! I, like a few people, have not a clue about MS&EDIS and how it works when it comes to the board and how to make it. I probably can figure out the software but I'm not a computer genius. I would need someone to help me pick out the right one for my mods and help me get set up...

I'm gonna look into that site more, thanks Will!

#4 mattyg41383

mattyg41383

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Cheshire, MA / Troy, NY

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

Once I get working for summer break and I get a couple $ stashed away, a MS kit will be in my future along with some Delta cams. So some more MS info/success would be even more motivation.

Will, i recall a few days back you mentioned something like Datsun 450 injectors are direct fit... could you elaborate on that please.

-Matt

#5 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

they are turbo datsun/nissan 280z or what not injectors from the later 70's early 80's turbo z cars...they are direct fit, but the ECU needs to be tuned to use the injector's flow rating for them to work at optimal levels like we wold want (good MPGs, good idle, proper spray at said RPM/load/boost/etc...)...

however, looks like EVO injectors are near direct fit. I will be investigating this as soon as my engine is pulled out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users