Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got me an XT today!!!!! :)

Copied from the XT6.net board....

First and formost: I want to say a huge thank you to benebob for hooking me up with a hopefully great car. I got a call for him today about a guy who stopped at our tent at Carlisle and offered a car up forsale. I have learned quickly about jumping quickly because these things get snapped up really quickly.. icon_lol.gif

It is an 87 turbo AWD 5 speed xt. It is grey and silver and has about 103k on it. It is all there and has a working air suspension and *big grin* digital dash...and a huge factory sunroof too. I got it for $250 plus transfer fees. It is nearly rust free except for a spot on the lower rocker panel (not bad though) and a small spot in the frame (not a big deal but I need to do something ASAP so it doesn't get worse)

Of course any of you are going..."hey that is too damn cheap...where is the catch here" well it has a trashed EA-82T in it. The owner said he was changing the oil in it and he got more antifreee out of the oil pan than oil was in there. So I have a door stop for an engine but the rest is pretty good.

Pics to follow as soon as they become available (was dark till I got home with it on the rollback)

So for now I am icon_biggrin.gif lets just hope it doesn't do this to me icon_cry.gif

Also to top it off....I had michelle steer it while I winched it on the truck....she's hooked already! icon_lol.gif

Hopefully we can count this as another one saved from a certain death.

Congrats on your new baby!!! Too bad you wont be able to bring it up to the meet and greet!

With all the cool new additions to the Northeastern collections it sure is making it look like the old Subes are making a comback!