Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

YA!!!! New Brat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MudisFun

MudisFun

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:21 AM

Just put down some money to pick up a 79 Brat! Pick it up on payday, going to be my brothers first subbie! He can't wait, I can't wait, it's so cool! I will have so many question about the 1.6...

#2 YellowSub

YellowSub

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

That is so awesome!!! I just got my first about a week and a half ago and I love it. I hope your brother has fun.

#3 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

YA!!! indeed.:headbang:

#4 kingwill

kingwill

Did I break that?

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Sherwood

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:08 PM

Cool I wanna see the pic's, What did you get it for???

Gen 1 BRAT's kick butt:banana:

#5 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

So after listening to my brother rant and rave about me not having a "soob", he finds one that "fits" me... He's not always wrong about things (there are two ocassions where he hasn't been wrong), so i figure what the hell... I'll try this subaru thing out. not going to try his vegan thing, or no alcohal thing, but this could be okay.

So we went and picked her up last night... $300, air in the brake lines, runs goofy (by my non-automative inclined standards), issues with dash lights (speedo and turn signals!), some leaking oil (smells kinda gassy by me, and only while running, or immediatly afterwards), goofy parking break, and an un-fun (or even uncool) 4 wheel drive...kinda like driving with the p-brake on.

ohhh....forgot to mention an ultra neat static (like from a cb radio) sound comming from the tranny

but all in all, a good rig to go bounce off some trees.

#6 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

So after listening to my brother rant and rave about me not having a "soob", he finds one that "fits" me... He's not always wrong about things (there are two ocassions where he hasn't been wrong), so i figure what the hell... I'll try this subaru thing out. not going to try his vegan thing, or no alcohal thing, but this could be okay.

So we went and picked her up last night... $300, air in the brake lines, runs goofy (by my non-automative inclined standards), issues with dash lights (speedo and turn signals!), some leaking oil (smells kinda gassy by me, and only while running, or immediatly afterwards), goofy parking break, and an un-fun (or even uncool) 4 wheel drive...kinda like driving with the p-brake on.

ohhh....forgot to mention an ultra neat static (like from a cb radio) sound comming from the tranny

but all in all, a good rig to go bounce off some trees.

Pictures please??

#7 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

workin on it... some post, during, and after gravel pit of death

#8 gbianchi

gbianchi

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Cda,Id.

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

if your gona bounce it off trees:confused: you should have bought anything but a brat, believe it or not brats are way to cool:headbang: to be doing that with:mad:.
Sheesh go get a honda!!

#9 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

so here's some pictures... the camera batteries died so not many...

before breaking stuff....
http://www.ultimates...&cat=500&page=1

breaking stuff

broken stuff

#10 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:16 AM

GBianchi is right on

all I can say is
it sounds (and looks) like

he sure lives up (down?) to his screen name

#11 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

thanks...

#12 MudisFun

MudisFun

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

GBianchi is right on

all I can say is
it sounds (and looks) like

he sure lives up (down?) to his screen name

For as much damage that the brat has taken from my brother learning how to drive a subaru, the 'love' is double. Got the engine to hum, I mean HUMMMMM..., a better steering rack, fixed the leaks, royal purple in the gear boxes, building new thick bumpers and brush guards. He just started the re-wire job, damn I wouldn't even want to do that! He's taking care of the thing, so come on.

If guys think that building-up an offroad brat is a waste, well then maybe you should buy a two wheel drive honda and leave the Brats and Wagons to the big boys!:lol:

You know I'm just playin' but come on, the project has just begun. Let him find out what these Subbies are made off. Trust me, he's learning the joy of bondo and axle jobs. :banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users