Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vented front rotors on a 1980

So bringing the "water wagon" to a stop from 90 is about as fun as a can of bees, so i'm hopeing to do the vented rotor and caliper swap.

1. has anyone done this

2. What parts are needed?

I know caliper and rotor, but do i need the backingplate? Knuckle?

3. Are the master cylinder's the same?

4. If you have done this, and know what parts are needed and are going to be at the WCSS7 and want to bring parts let me know the price.

my old Mountain Grizzly had the swap done before I got it, and Igot all the original stuff with it, but no backing plate, so I believe it's just the calipers, rotors, pads.

with my current lifted 82 Brat, I stayed with the solid rotors. I don't have to worry about mud getting in and making them unbalanced...

All you'll need is calipers, rotors, and backing plates. The reason why calipers are needed is because they are slightly wider then the solid style to accomidate the vented portion. You can even adapt them onto a gen 1 as well:D

The calipers were obvious, but thats currently one vote for backing plates, and one vote against.