The AA lift.....PICS

Numbchux

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No forgetten, just a waitin. Everyone gets in a pinch once in a while

Damn, that looks good.

Shady, I havent forgotten about our arangement. I hope you havent, money has been extremely tight right now. Hell I cannot even pay my utilities as it is.

hurry up and put my wheels on it :D

OK, tomorrow morning, I will!

got it running....no coolant, so I can't run it long (need a rad hose first), but I put it in neutral and let out the clutch to spin the tranny, and it still won't go in gear! I've got another idea to try in the morning, and then.....well, I don't know

ok, I finished the motor work, got all the fluids in, and full etc. then I messed around with the linkage. There's an adjustment bolt on the bottom of the linkage, I loosened it, and let it slide to it's loosest position, and that helped alot. Then I straightened out the 4WD selecter lever, and took out ALL of the console in the middle (it's cool, I was going to convert to dual e-brake anyway) and got all of my gears back, threw on the pugs and parked it up on a stack of the tires it came on.....yay

3242PICT0372.JPG

3242PICT0378.JPG

3242PICT0379.JPG

for you local guys: I'll be out at firestone on friday night.....if anyone would like to see it!

oh yea, and check out my cool 4WD decal on my fairing!

3242euro4WD.JPG

You've been working hard on that man; progress seems to be going fast! Time to strap on some real rubber and cut some fenders :brow:

I invited my parents over for dinner FRI night so I dunno if I'll be out there. Never know though.

Looks good, but I can definitely see why some people were worried about the AA kit pulling the rear wheels too far forward. How much space do you have between the wheel wells and the tires with it extended like that?
Yeah I don't think 29's are going to be easy to stuff under that

That’s why you need to cut it. The kit is for optimal clearance. The cars are inexpensive so chopping the fenders up doesnt really hurt, unless its your show car. We can make lifts that don’t bring the wheels forward, but if you want super 4 x prowesses there’s only one way to go. I have pictures of my car with 29's on it. If someoe wants me to email the picture they can post it up on this thread.

Yeah I don't think 29's are going to be easy to stuff under that

That’s why you need to cut it. The kit is for optimal clearance. The cars are inexpensive so chopping the fenders up doesnt really hurt, unless its your show car. We can make lifts that don’t bring the wheels forward, but if you want super 4 x prowesses there’s only one way to go. I have pictures of my car with 29's on it. If someoe wants me to email the picture they can post it up on this thread.

I'll host them, send the pics to getbent/@/twistednipple.com <-Just remove the /'s.

I sent the pictures. Thanks for posting them

JM

Here are the pics:

AA_Image015.jpgAA_Image016.jpgAA_Image017.jpgAA_Image018.jpg

Two thoughts after seeing the pics;

Looks like some hefty weights on those wheels, did they have problems getting them to balance? And, it looks like those 29s would be in trouble if the suspension had to compress upward very far.

Sure looks good though. :D

That is odd how close the tire comes to the body in the pic. There is really no where to cut to create more clearance. With the wagon it looks like you will have to cut into the door area possibly.I am not sure though. I would

have to see it in person. I have a hatchback so it will be easier for me to create more clearance cuz there is not a door in the way.

That looks really awesome!!!! Sweet!!!!! :headbang::headbang:

The tire swings backwards so it never contacts with the body, and when it goes down it goes further away from the body. It makes it so I have a heck of a lot of upward travel, and I still have about five to seven inches of downward travel. As for the weights on the wheels the balance is fine but damn those tires make alot of noise. Thanks for posting the picks. I hope you guys like the comparison of the toyota and my car :headbang: take that toyota.

That is odd how close the tire comes to the body in the pic. There is really no where to cut to create more clearance. With the wagon it looks like you will have to cut into the door area possibly.I am not sure though. I would

have to see it in person. I have a hatchback so it will be easier for me to create more clearance cuz there is not a door in the way.

That looks really awesome!!!! Sweet!!!!! :headbang::headbang:

and having looked at my own wagon vs. those pics, I think he could cut off quite a bit still, and I'll back him up on the travel thing, that spot were the tire is closest is also where the control arm attaches to the unibody, it CAN'T get any closer there, that's why the tire's brought forward with the lift, then it goes back with the suspension....

shardy....how much did those tires run you? how are they on road? I have a new source of cash and am thinking about getting some swampers, or saving up, and having that as my last mod....after all, I do need bumpers, somewhere to put my spare, 2 more bike attachments for the roof rack, tabs for roof lights, speakers, LSD, breathers...............

he he, I see you're still running rear drums! Ha HA HA, I'm sooo sorry, yea, I swapped the rear discs over, along with the braided SS lines, today.....mmmmmmmmmm

(SHARDY) uhhh

The tires ran me $400 for a set of 4 and a 2 week wait well worth it though. I wouldn't recommend slamming them on a daily driver (although that is what mine are used for), they are way loud, but for offroad use muahahahaha :headbang: they are almost better than having disk brakes. Mmmm disk brakes.... I better get on it and get some clients cant be one upping me. I must say the Super Swampers are unstoppable.

and having looked at my own wagon vs. those pics, I think he could cut off quite a bit still, and I'll back him up on the travel thing, that spot were the tire is closest is also where the control arm attaches to the unibody, it CAN'T get any closer there, that's why the tire's brought forward with the lift, then it goes back with the suspension....

shardy....how much did those tires run you? how are they on road? I have a new source of cash and am thinking about getting some swampers, or saving up, and having that as my last mod....after all, I do need bumpers, somewhere to put my spare, 2 more bike attachments for the roof rack, tabs for roof lights, speakers, LSD, breathers...............

he he, I see you're still running rear drums! Ha HA HA, I'm sooo sorry, yea, I swapped the rear discs over, along with the braided SS lines, today.....mmmmmmmmmm

Personally I have put a lot of wrench time into my car and hacking up the rear fenders just because of a design flaw doesn't sound fun. I have a nicely done cut job on the front, but those rears just look goofy.

(SHARDY) uhhh

DOH! sorry man....well, this car also needs to get me back and forth to Duluth (3 hour drive from here at my parents house in the Twin Cities), a few times this summer, not to mention the only state-funded (or something....public) ORV park in MN is about an hour north of Duluth! so it needs to be a comfortable road car aswell, maybe no swampers yet, until I have an XT6 or something for a daily driver

WOA!!! design flaw?!?! who said anything about a flaw, it was intentional, he messed with the geometry of the car to get INSANE ground clearance! if you want to maintain your geometry and keep you fenders intact, go get a BYB lift....not to badmouth them, but it's another option, that has it's own pros and cons, personally, the AA lift is exactly what I was looking for!!!

Personally I have put a lot of wrench time into my car and hacking up the rear fenders just because of a design flaw doesn't sound fun.

Well, yer gonna hack up your front fenders regardless for big tires, a little trimming in the back is well worth it to never have to worry about tearing off your rear crossmember. If you BYB lift your EA82, you will learn what a design flaw really is.

Still, I think that's a little suspect, but what ya gonna do? It's certainly the better of two evils.

and having looked at my own wagon vs. those pics, I think he could cut off quite a bit still,

Yeah there is still atleast an inch of fender to cut out there and the door will still seal properly. Even with my BYB 3" lift I had to trim there to fit 29" ATs. Up front with my BYB 3" lift I still had to cut the fenders, fold the support seam in, and bash the crap out of the unibody.

Here is how far I trimmed in. Door still seals properly.

513more_room-01.JPG