Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Qiuck question before I buy tires...

I am going to put 15" pug alloys on my 1980 Brat, no lift just plan old Brat, anyway does anyone know if I need to make any mods, the pug wheels look much deeper then the 13" spokes that are on it. I just want to have my ducks in a row before I try to mount these things. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Trudy

i really have no idea but what i would do is put on the rim with no tire and make sure it doesn't rub on anything... i had rubbing issues with my trailing arms in the rear when i didn't have the right suby rim on my brat...

maybe even crank the wheel and take measurements on how much rubber can be on there before you hit the fenders or wheel wells...

Just make sure the tires are somewhat low profile and they will fit fine. I have 15 inch pug alloys on my 78 brat, and they fit no problem. I cant remember off hand what size tire they are, but if you need to know, I'll check for ya and send you an email. (its whatever was stock on the 505 peugot that I pulled them off of) The only spot where its real close is on the rear where the tire comes within 1/4 of an inch of the pivot point for the torsion arm.

-Mike

Trudy,

The configuration I sent you on the tires and rims rub a little on the '86. I try not to turn that tight, so I haven't actually experienced the rub (or the radio's just a wee too loud?), but Tim has. Then again, he also said the clutch is out of adjustment (again, I say, huh?) seems cool by me... I like the no tippy-toe :)

Mary