Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fitting bigger rims on stock 4 bolt pattern

me and my roomate got to talking about how we are gonna fit bigger rims on our rigs when we get done lifting this summer. He wants to do the drill out for yota rims. I'm sayin screw redrilling. Why can't I fit Ford or Chevy 1 ton rims on it? the 10 to 12 lug rims. has anyone tried sizing them up to see if they would fit with out redrilling the rims or hubs?

me and my roomate got to talking about how we are gonna fit bigger rims on our rigs when we get done lifting this summer. He wants to do the drill out for yota rims. I'm sayin screw redrilling. Why can't I fit Ford or Chevy 1 ton rims on it? the 10 to 12 lug rims. has anyone tried sizing them up to see if they would fit with out redrilling the rims or hubs?
The bolt circle is wrong. 3/4 and 1 ton 8 lug is 6.5" or the newer one's are 170cm. Suby is 5.5" or 139.7 cm.

Im thinking this is a good deal!

Dont need anything but money!

There is a pretty good set of instructions on the hub drilling for the yota rims on http://www.subarubrat.com This is what I have chosen to do. I found some chromed steel wheels at the salvage yard for $10 ea. I dropped them off to have 215/75/15 Hankook Dynamic MT Rt-01's put on today. They will end up 27.7in tall and 8.5in wide at the section width. The rims need to have the 3 3/8in negative offset though if you go this route. I hope all my measuring pays off. We will see tomarrow.