Ultimate Subaru Message Board

O2 Sensor location(s)!!!! Help Please!

Hey all i have an 00 outback, 2.5 auto. I was hoping someone could detail for me where the 02 sensors are located?! Are they tough to change?!

thx!

Under the car passenger side. one in front of the cat and one after. Easy as a sparkplug to change. HTH,

I am going to be replacing the front O2 sensor on my 99 forester.

Will I have to remove anything to gain access or will it be as simple as jacking up the car, unplugging the electrical connect and removing it with the O2 socket ?

I have not gone underneath the car yet and my Chilton book is not specific to this model of car.

Tell me that it is a snap so that I will stop stressing about it today :)

Mike! Mike! Calm down--it's not all that difficult!

You might want to treat the threaded end with penetrating oil for a day or two first. Then drive the car a bit to get the cat and sensor hot before you attempt to unscrew it--really helps. Crack the sensor loose with the wrench before you unplug the electrical connector, then unplug connector and sensor should unscrew with just fingers. I found it easiest to work from top of engine bay leaning over passenger side fender. Good luck!

Mike! Mike! Calm down--it's not all that difficult!

You might want to treat the threaded end with penetrating oil for a day or two first. Then drive the car a bit to get the cat and sensor hot before you attempt to unscrew it--really helps. Crack the sensor loose with the wrench before you unplug the electrical connector, then unplug connector and sensor should unscrew with just fingers. I found it easiest to work from top of engine bay leaning over passenger side fender. Good luck!

Thanks ! I'm calm now.