Ultimate Subaru Message Board

An Expedition to the Pick'n'Pull (56K warning)

Okay, so I went down to the local Pick'n'Pull and got me a bunch of those little plastic trim screws, as well as helping a buddy find some brake caliper bolts for his 86 Nissan 200SX (we finally found them in an 80s Stanza tall-wagon). On the way I saw lots of soobies... here are the photos. Plus an alien that I couldn't resist. :cool:

A Brat with nice decals and intact grille (I have nice photos of the decals for that sticky thread later).

10671junkyard-brat-smaller.jpeg

A fairly uncommon GLF coupe:

10671junkyard-glf-small.jpeg

A wonderfully rust-colored EA81 GL sedan:

10671junkyard-81sedan-gl-smaller.jpeg

A fairly clean EA82 GL sedan:

10671junkyard-ea82sedan-small.jpeg

An elusive EA82 GL coupe:

10671junkyard-88coupe-smaller.jpeg

An old EA81 hatch, looks like a DL?

10671junkyard-86ea81hatch-smaller.jpeg

A sad-looking EA81 DL wagon:

10671junkyard-dlwagon-small.jpeg

A strikingly nice color on this EA82 GL-10 4WD Turbo - I wanted this car to live so badly! It's hard to see but that's a deep metalflake blue.

10671junkyard-gl10-small.jpeg

And last but not least of the Soobies, an ECVT Justy:

10671junkyard-justyecvt-small.jpeg

Here is an oddball I couldn't resist photographing: an old Opel coupe. My dad drove one in the 70s and told me it was his favorite car ever. Course, he's never driven a Subaru :brow::

10671junkyard-opel-small.jpeg

So, as you can see there are lots of Subarus in this yard, and the prices are reasonable as it turns out (we were charged $1 apiece for the bunch of screws and the bunch of bolts). If anyone needs Subaru parts in Eugene I'd recommend the Pick'n'Pull up Highway 99 as a place to check. They also have a lot of newer gen Legacies.

Yes, everytime I goto a yard I'm right at the brink of tears cause 99.9% of the roos I see have been hit beyond repair..........snif..........poor little roos.

OK, maybe I get just a little too attatched to a Subaru.;)

The shame I am having is seeing the GLF:( ....not having anything on it that I could use on mine. I havent been to a junk yard since I used to work at one...and there arent any good ones here....I am jealous of you.

The justy reminded me of the one I used to have..but mine was a dark grey.

Caboobaroo, I can check for that window when I'm back there.

MyFinalCoffinX, what parts were you looking for?

Most of these old Soobs in the yard weren't wrecked at all... I have the feeling people just didn't love them enough to keep them on the road. :confused:

I was hoping to get a few of those silver caps for the wagon wheels. And possibly one of these if you came across one...

Thanks!

DSC0006.jpg

Caboobaroo, I can check for that window when I'm back there.

MyFinalCoffinX, what parts were you looking for?

Most of these old Soobs in the yard weren't wrecked at all... I have the feeling people just didn't love them enough to keep them on the road. :confused:

Is that a good driver's side tail light on the EA82 coupe? I need one. Mine is has been broken and is glued back together.

Most of the Subarus at my local yard are not even wrecked. Almost no rust on any of them. It is the nicest yard I have ever seen. The whole place is paved and all the cars are set on stands. Cheapest prices any where too. The most expensive part is a motor at $100. The sad part is the yard will not sell any complete cars. There has been several cars I would have bought and fixed. Today I saw a "historic" gen 1 two door coupe waiting to be drained and set out with the rest of the cars. Brings a tear to the eye.

yea i know there's a guy in Gresham? that dropped his 89 loyal from 1400 to 1100...he just emailed me..but wait i can't go down there..my car wouldn't make it hahahahha with 2 heads leaking like the titanic...baaaaaaaaaalooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol: oh well that's show biz eh..........spark