Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTENTION PORTLAND: $250 XT Turbo 4WD needs water pump

that's still a great price for an XT6, they are pretty hard to find. Matter of fact finding an XT for sale at all is a coup these days. If I wasn't flat broke and still needing to pour money into the RX I'd be all over this car... I always thought they looked like little spaceships...

Thay are such great cars. I had a 88 Xt till about a year ago myself. People always commented on it. Especially the inside. "Looks like a spaceship" was what they always said. Too bad it was rotted out. Would like to get another one myself. Good car.

All it needs is a water pump NOW... but how long was it driven with a bad water pump. I saw this car, yes its a good deal BUT, if other damage has been done it may need head gaskets as well.

Being an 86 I THINK it has gen 1 heads, so the heads may be cracked too!

So an $250 car may end up costing $1000 after you buy the car, gaskets and 2 "new" (good used) heads.

But hey maybe you will get lucky and they were smart enough to stop driving it before they did any damage.