Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ATTENTION PORTLAND: $250 XT Turbo 4WD needs water pump

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 critical_max

critical_max

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

http://portland.crai...r/75690345.html

this was posted to craigslist today and looks like all kinds of a steal. go get 'em!

apparently it just needs a water pump... :rolleyes:

#2 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

grr..... A non-turbo 4wd XT is what I need for my future plans.

#3 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:33 PM

damn and i just bought an xt6 for $420 .. stupid tucson prices... portland rocks for the subie market.

#4 critical_max

critical_max

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

that's still a great price for an XT6, they are pretty hard to find. Matter of fact finding an XT for sale at all is a coup these days. If I wasn't flat broke and still needing to pour money into the RX I'd be all over this car... I always thought they looked like little spaceships...

#5 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:24 PM

Thay are such great cars. I had a 88 Xt till about a year ago myself. People always commented on it. Especially the inside. "Looks like a spaceship" was what they always said. Too bad it was rotted out. Would like to get another one myself. Good car.

#6 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

wow thats a great deal, to bad i dont live closer, im tempted to have one of you guys down in oregon buy it then i will come down and repay you then fix the water pump and drive it home.

Anyone up for that?

#7 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,132 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

All it needs is a water pump NOW... but how long was it driven with a bad water pump. I saw this car, yes its a good deal BUT, if other damage has been done it may need head gaskets as well.

Being an 86 I THINK it has gen 1 heads, so the heads may be cracked too!

So an $250 car may end up costing $1000 after you buy the car, gaskets and 2 "new" (good used) heads.

But hey maybe you will get lucky and they were smart enough to stop driving it before they did any damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users