Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is this box next to my radio?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:54 AM

so this is the first time i have come across this..and i have taken out stereos in alot of ea82's

so the stock deck in my 87 coupe has the "dummy panel" on the right where the trip computer would go. however when I removed the trim plate i found a black plastic box about the size of a pack of cigs next to the deck. it had a harness plugged into it. the only thing i noticed when i unpluged it, is that my door chime stopped (i had the keys in and the door open).

so what is it, and what is it's purpose?

#2 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:12 AM

That's the Door chime

#3 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:10 PM

I thought it was the seat belt timer? I took mine out and my "fasten belts" light no longer works (I'm smart enough to wear mine so I dont' need the stupid light to remind me :D)

#4 singletrack

singletrack

EA Abuser

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Palisade, Colorado

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

the only thing i noticed when i unpluged it, is that my door chime stopped so what is it, and what is it's purpose?

That's the Door chime

:lol:

I'm sorry, but that exchange struck me as really funny. That's such a 3 am post. Or 2, Pacific time.

Er, um, never mind me.

#5 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

well im 99% sure it is not the door chime as you can hear the "ding" coming from under the drivers side of the dash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users