Ultimate Subaru Message Board

questions about a 92 legacy sport

i have found a legacy awd turbo and was wonderin what to expect from it....its got an auto tranny and 124k miles on it. the tranny was replaced 16k miles ago....what kind of performance could you expect from this?...can you upgrade the turbo?...is the awd system solid in these early legacy's?....thanks for your help...i just want to make sure i buy a car that can be fun to drive as well as have four doors....im sellin my ford two door hatch....wife says something about family responsibilities....lol.....

<<i have found a legacy awd turbo and was wonderin what to expect from it.>>

expect what the previous owner put into it: good maintenance/ good performance. bad maintenance/ bad performance

<<what kind of performance could you expect from this?...>>

Horsepower 160 @ 5600 rpm

Torque 181 @ 2800 rpm

<<can you upgrade the turbo?>>

with time and money, anything is possible

<<is the awd system solid in these early legacy's?>>

all the Subaru AWD systems are solid

ok thanks for the response......what would you expect to pay for this?....im thinkin 3500 would be fair......they are askin 4k.....do you know where i can get info on motor build up for this?....thanks again....

-Shawn

I think 3500 is good if it's in good condition. If it's moderate condition, I probably wouldn't pay more then 3k at the most.

Check out www.bbs.legacycentral.org for tons of info about the turbo legacy.

thanks for the response....i got some more pics of the car today and its got some dings on the drivers side...nothin serious (nothing more than expected from a 13yr old car) and a small amount of rust on the passengers side front fender.....hopefully i will get a chance to drive it this next weekend...thanks abunch for the link.....i think i really want a turbo legacy for my next car.....