Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of ohio alliance meet

here is the link to the alliance meet over memorial day. I will add more pics soon. We went wheeling near Zanesville, oh. The owner of the property (tony) and our trails boss 4x4chevette(Donny) were great. I couldnt have asked for a better host.

The cars that wheeled are:

blue wagon-me

black sedan-Miles fox

white sedan-ed

white wagon-Jim woods

trashwagon6-Danny

And the bad luck award who goes to Jim Morris, who blew out a ball joint, and a strut before we even hit the trails, but also scored a nice 87 d/r wagon from a local for a few bills.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v469/tonysmudbog/3rd%20Annual%20Subaru%20Alliance%20Meet

Why was this moved? It is nothing but offroading pics! I put it in the offroading forum to show our wheeling trip. There is already a link to these pics in the columbus meet thread, And I was wanting to share them with the rest of the community in the offroading thread......:-\

Any how, it was a good time, and I have a few more to load up. I will work on it today.

incredible pictures. any higher-res ones? it sucks tremendously that i get my livelihood from the vacuous world of retail; otherwise I'd have been there. Memorial Day Weekend, folks. This is one of the big events when you sell computers.

-tim hansen

yo tim i will ask if anyone can burn the original non shrunk pics on a cd, and i can put them on my website

the sedan did better than i anticipated, such as the temp, it ran cooler on the trail than it does on the highway. jason let me use his tires, the ones i had were wider and bader so my car would not have gone through half of what it did without them. the hill in the mud pit my car would have made it if i was closer to first in line, but by the time it was my turn it had rained and the bottom was too sloppy to get a running start. me and danny were stuck at the bottom of the hill, i got hung up on a pipeline and danny got me off of it, but we both needed a tow up the hill

we all had enough radios to go aound, each driver and the spotter had radios so communication was great and made for good organization. without the radios we would be all traffic jammed in eachothers way. we had to hollar to let one car through at a time, this made it easier to catch each car on tape for each obstacle.

jason pulled the bronco out of a hole and another truck. aftetr we got back to the "parking lot" some drunk hillbillies came around dissing soobs like "cars had no business being back there", showing up after the matter not knowing we owned their trails, walking through obstacles that others have rolled their vehicles in.

it was all good fun, jim did well for never being baja'n, same for ed, the rx had a taction advantage. this for myself was the most technical and extreme off roading i have ever been in. i got stuck only once, not including the hill, because i doubled back after i made it through to lend some assistance, and got up against a tree to the side of my car. i got a little crease in my door but i can live with that.

aftetr we got back to the "parking lot" some drunk hillbillies came around dissing soobs like "cars had no business being back there", showing up after the matter not knowing we owned their trails, walking through obstacles that others have rolled their vehicles in..

it's so annoying when people diss,without having proof of what they're saying.

got up against a tree to the side of my car. i got a little crease in my door but i can live with that.

if you came out without a'lil damage,then you didn't really off-road.

And the bad luck award who goes to Jim Morris, who blew out a ball joint, and a strut before we even hit the trails

I feel bad for Jim, but I think I shoulda got that award...

Did anyone (besides the fire dept) get any stills of the Alleywagon before I started tearing it down? If, so please post them too.

thanks, John

I feel bad for Jim, but I think I shoulda got that award...

Did anyone (besides the fire dept) get any stills of the Alleywagon before I started tearing it down? If, so please post them too.

thanks, John

You are correct sir! I had completely forgotten about the car fire. You definatly get the award hands down.

I have some stills, I will post them up on wed.

The whole time we were out we kept saying...man it sucks for John, he would have loved this. Im sorry I forgot.....I feel bad now.

only damage to mine was , a blown tire ,small cut in side wall , so running 185-70r-13s goodyears in front which i had, and 185-70r-13s douglas in the rear , 20 bucks to mount 2 tires or buy 1 new one at 35 + mounting , + small dent in door ,

GAH, I wish I had known about this. I spent the whole weekend being bored off my rump roast with zero motivation to work on my 87 Wagon. I would have been up there in a second, it's only 6 hours away.

Fixing up the 87 to sell it, btw. Need some blings to afford the move to Alaska. Weber power 4 lyfe.

Heh, I said "blings"

Hey,where's the big East Coast premier veiwing?

NY?Boston?Philly?Bridgeport?

Miles,head east!!! Come on man,I have no time and too many cars needing work.I'll get your movie played locally somehow.Lots of artists around and places to show your work.