Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got the 93 Impreza going, but the front windows have issues. The driver's window has a scratch about 1/2" wide that runs from the top to the bottom of the window, in the middle (It looks like a hazy streak but when you look close at it, it's several scratches) and the passenger window has the same thing, only at the top. I'm guessing it's one of the guide rollers, but I don't know where I'd get one aside from a junkyard, and I'd be afraid of them having the same problem... Any ideas?

Hondasucks,

First off....Honda makes a hell of a great vehicle. I've never owned one, but would if it weren't for the fact that our local dealer and I went through highschool together and he is a #@)**. If they made all of their cars allwheel drive, I'd have own more than one over the years.

My 97 OBW did the same thing you describe to its driver's window. It turned out to be sandy grit trapped in carpet-like pad attached to a bracket inside the door that guides the window, about 14 inches from the front of the door. Changing out the glass is the only fix, and obviously changing the pad as well, which I'm sure you could remove from the old bracket. A material such as indoor/outdoor carpeting could be glued onto the bracket instead of what's already there.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks! and I really don't have too much of a problem with Hondas, they are easy to work on and they are great reliable cars when ya don't rod the %*%* out of 'em :D It's more the ppl who are like hey I gotta Civic with some stickers, green chrome window tint, a big wing and a fart pipe, I'm cool!!! :D