Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a fuel injected 1990 Justy.

Sometimes it will not start.

I am fairly sure it is a fuel delivery problem.

It will start and run fime if I spray starting fluid through the throttle body.

I installed a pressure guage just ahead of the fuel rail and it reads 40 psi.

The preasure is the same when the car is running or when it is shut off or when I am trying to start the engine.

Is 40 psi enough pressure?

or any other suggestions would be helpfull.

40 is good. check the injector to see if its spraying, have you checked the computer to make sure it shows no errors? im sure a problem like crank angle sensor or something will cause no start

How do I check the injectors? This car has 3 injectors into the intake manifold not one in the throttle body. Thanks for your advice.

storrey

I'm just a n00b when it comes to cars, but here's my hunch. I find the simultaneous failure of all three fuel injectors unlikely.

Anyway, I'd test for battery voltage at the fuel injector harness while cranking the engine. If you don't have it (i.e. computer not firing fuel injectors), I'd see about testing your cam/crankshaft sensors. Probably with them on the engine.

I'm rooting for you. Justies are cool cars, and I don't see enough of them around.

I'm just a n00b when it comes to cars, but here's my hunch. I find the simultaneous failure of all three fuel injectors unlikely.

Anyway, I'd test for battery voltage at the fuel injector harness while cranking the engine. If you don't have it (i.e. computer not firing fuel injectors), I'd see about testing your cam/crankshaft sensors. Probably with them on the engine.

I'm rooting for you. Justies are cool cars, and I don't see enough of them around.

In the back of my mind I remember hearing that you can check the fuel injector circuit with a dwell meter like used to set points on an older car. Does anyone Know how to do this?

In the back of my mind I remember hearing that you can check the fuel injector circuit with a dwell meter like used to set points on an older car. Does anyone Know how to do this?

if i remember right dwell meter is bascially an ohm meter? because points are basically open or closed. (forgive me this is so obsolete it hurts) so that wont help. you could use a voltage meter in a multimeter and back-probe the injector wires, i stated it the way i did becasue i didnt know if you had one.

id still check the computer for errors, something simple can cause it to not to open the injectors. if theres a loose ground to it or somewhere that wont help any either.